Watchtower Eliminated the "Evil Slave Class" according to E-Watchman? True or False?

by AuntConnie 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

Looking for information to make the July 15th, 2013 Watchtower make sense, I came across the E-Watchman website. Is he a Jehovah's Witnesses waiting for the Reformation or a Apostate like all of us on JWN?

His post on the "Faithful and Evil Slave" is very enlightening, according to his question he received from his readers, the Watchtower said "There is no Evil Slave Class" to eliminate fear the Evil Slave is working at Bethel!

How can the Watchtower with one face say "There is a Faithful Slave" and destroy the second part of the scripture about the "Evil and Wicked Slave"?

Does the staff writers for the Governing Body use a "Cafteria style" or "pick-and-choose" approach to dissection of Bible Scriptures saying "Hate your parents" but ignore "love your enemies"? It's plan madness I can't understand or grasp, please help me get this, usually I am not this stupid!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think the argument is that the verse is a warning to the faithful slave never to turn into an evil slave, and that as such only the faithful slave actually exists.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I have had a fair bit of personal comminication with that E-Watcman fellow and find what he says about the governing body facinating. He describes them as they really are.. 'the disgusting thing in the Holy Place'.

It pretty heavy reading but hey are not pearls worth diving deep for?

And yes what the watchtower teach on so many very important issues is simply plain madness. You will do yourself an injury if you try to make any real sense of it.

Madness is not meant to be understood.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

Slim, once they said there was a Evil Slave class and now it's only apostates and rebels who despise the righteous standards of a unchanging truth the Governing Body has preached since their inception.

Dis-member, the E-watchman is very deep with Bible truths, he is worth reading because he is not afraid to use the Bible, the Society's old magazines and current topics. Did you ever speak with him and is he a nice brother?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, that is correct, but this is a case of the Society finally correcting their slanted interpretation of the scripture. In the past, they made up a new slave character in the parable, and stated that this slave represented apostates. They corrected this in the July WT, admitting that although apostates are pretty evil, this is not another character in the parable, therefore can be no such thing as a slave class.

If you simply read the passage, it's clear that Jesus is saying that the slave appointed over the domestics is the one who might turn to abusing his fellow slaves ("if ever"). So the Society's current take on this is actually the sensible one (gasp!). The evil slave is what the faithful slave becomes if he begins abusing the other slaves. What's not so sensible is that the Society is confident that they are not doing exactly what the evil slave is described as doing.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

Apognophos, I am very confused by their new teaching of adding a caste-system to the annointed remmenant. I can't imagine how hurt the brothers and sisters who thought they are brothers and sisters of Christ feel when they read they are mentally ill! I would be mad as Hell if I was partaking of the emblems only to have the Congregation wondering if I need some Prosac or Lithium.

The Writers new interpretation is to clean up their slanted ideas of Jesus Words? Their new ideas make better sense but does not allow for the problem of exposing individuals at Bethel or Patterson of beating their fellow Slaves? The arrangement of the current Governing Body and distruction of any authority the annointed JWs previously had. My own thinking is telling me they are beating their fellow Annointed Witnesses by castration, so is the Watchtower's GB now the Evil Slave who is telling all Annointed Christians they are "suspect" of being mentally ill unless they are working with the Governing Body at Bethel? Their new-new-new-new lighte is very confusing, it's causing more class distinctions and schizms instead of bringing us all together as a loving body of Christ!

additionally with the Governing Body and their "FDS Class" in their current state of absolute power, there is no way Jesus parable of a Evil Slave having the ability to torment the faithful slaves logistically possible. The Slave has total power over everyone and will throw anyone out once they get a hint of disobedience or free-thinkings!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

so is the Watchtower's GB now the Evil Slave who is telling all Annointed Christians they are "suspect" of being mentally ill unless they are working with the Governing Body at Bethel?

Well, even if they were accepted as fellow anointed, you made the point that they officially have no say in anything anymore (of course this was unofficially the case all along; anointed ones could not write in to the Society and suggest "new light"). I am surprised that the Society changed their understanding on this scripture, but I suppose they are just that confident that they are faithful and that no one could accuse them of being evil.

• Listener
    Listener

Rather than letting Jesus decide whether they are the FDS or the evil slave they have judged themselves and found that they are none other than the FDS.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The GB simply say the evil slave class doesn't exist due to the word "if"...its a hypothetical slave class....

Interesting arguement considering it says "If the master arrives"...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Also, why not use the method of interpretation that Jesus' use of the word "Who" steers you toward, i.e that this Parable is simply asking individual Christians how they will turn out.

Surely Jesus' question "Who really is...... " reads like He is looking for individuals who are like a faithful and discreet steward. In the parable there is just one steward, or f&d slave. There is no hint of a "class" of persons, even if that class only has eight in it now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit