After 70 years of sacred service........

by Makena1 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Dear Mak;
    My heart truly goes out to you for all your loss!!!!!

To think that the org. puts such pressure on people to be perfect and it is not possible. Because of this many people suffer from low self-esteem and self-worth. The feeling of inadequacy, not being spiritual enough yadda yadda yadda leads to depression and mental health issues. The pain your daughter was in..and the pain that was inflicted upon her makes my want to puke!!!!

I was soooooooooooo impressed with the way that you interacted with that elder. You are the one that showed human compassion and kindness to him..what a wonderful example of a man you are!!!!
    My thoughts are with you and your family.
    Leslie

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

So many tragic losses in your life. My heart and prayers go out for you and your family.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• gumby
    gumby

Sorry you lost your Pappy. He sounded like a good man who cared for others.

you said'..
    The usual scriptures were read from Ecclesiastics about the condition of the dead, animals and mankind having the same eventuality, building a good name with God, etc.

I was at a Dub funeral a few months back and it was more like being at "The Talk" on Sunday morning.

Little was said about the man but rather the condition of the dead and mankinds hope...I was sooooooooooo pissed that day!

They get a captive audience then use that to push their doctrine.
    Even the brother who gave the funeral talk gets to count his time......how freak'in sick!

Time will heal some of the pain and I hope you deal with this OK.

Wish you the best........

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Mak,
    Since I talked to Sabine on the phone a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't replied to your post. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring it. It's a huge loss, to lose a parent..........something I haven't experienced yet, but I can commiserate with you anyway. I know you must feel so many things, and wish you had had some closure there. Perhaps now he understands you better.........let's hope so. His life was many contradictions, and he must have had some real inner torment. At least that is over now.
    Always,

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• sf
    sf

How can jws be so enthusiastic about "getting" to the New World Order when it's so blatantly EVIDENT how they really feel about other human life?

It just totally baffles me and angers me so.

My "mom" really has no clue just how little her life is valued in this ROT. NO CLUE AT ALL OF WHAT THEY REALLY THINK OF THE FLOCK.

It's absolutely criminal!

{{hugs mak}}

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

“What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”(5/15/02 WT magazine, pg. 27)

• TR
    TR

Hey Mak,

Sorry about your recent losses. Can't imagine it. Glad your able to cut through the WT BS and see what's really up.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((((Mak and family))))))

I'm sorry to hear of your father's death and the inhumane treatment of your mourning family.

Plm wrote: "You would think that there would be enough decency somewhere to make room for times like these.
    It's discusting. I have a hard time believing that at least a large percentage do not feel ashamed for that. They must."

I think the ones who felt ashamed were the ones who attended the funeral talk regardless. The others just wore their hard hearts on their sleeves.

New World Order with THOSE people?!!!! Not! That would be hell, not paradise.

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• Richie
    Richie

Imagine...if Jesus would have been at the funeral service or at the Kingdom Hall, would he have shunned anybody who is "supposed" to be shunned or ignored? This comparison always drives a nail through the shunning policies of the WT organization! Jesus Christ would have shown extraordinary love to all attending, whether disfellowshipped, disassociated or not, because he would recognize the heart condition of each individual.
    Mak, I also wanted to express to you my sincere condolences for the loss of your dear daughter and father. At least you will receive as much support as possible on this board to be able to endure, as we are all grieving with the same spirit of effection. Take care my friend...

Richie :*)

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Mak, I'm very sorry for the loss of your father -- and your daughter. I don't read every thread because I just don't have time and I must have missed yours. But I feel for you. I apologize for not saying something sooner.

God bless you!

• waiting
    waiting

(((((((Mak)))))))

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter - I had no idea. And I'm also sorry for the pain of losing a parent - mine both died (49 & 64) - but there were many mixed feelings about that. Sorry to hear about the politics played over your father.

To approach you at your father's funeral asking about your spiritual stance is just low and uncouth. There is a time and place, and that ain't it, imho.

Of course, giving an infocomercial on jw's at a funeral isn't the time and place either - so I guess jw's are just doing what they know.....putting their foot in their mouth and closing their hearts.

Glad you got some good hugs from some of the friends - the way it's supposed to be.

Take care.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit