After 70 years of sacred service........

by Makena1 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi:

This is Ronin1:

I do not personally know you but I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father and your daughter. You do not have to be in the Borg to know that Jehovah cared about them and that they are in his memory.

Please know that the loss of love you did not receive at your fathers service you receive double from us on this post.

Ronin1

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Mak, I'm sorry to hear about your father's recent death. It's so new, I'm sure it doesn't even seem real! I'm also so sorry to hear about your daughter. I lost my dad to sucide in 1996 and my mother to cancer in 1999. For me and hubby's own sanity *what's left of it*. we moved a good distance from *everything*. We're lov'in them from afar! We wanted to move up here so we could live our live, OUR life!!!! Best thing we ever did! Enough said on that.........

Do you still talk to your siblins? You mentioned that they didn't come to the funeral. I was wondering how your relation was with them. I have alot of siblins and I'm close to some and not to others. Some are j.w.s and some are not! IT IS a trip, needless to say! And also, was wondering how your situation is with your family in dealing with your daughters suicide. I know what my father's suicide did to my family, I was concerned how you are? It put a strain on my marriage. My mother was termilly ill with cancer, so we were trying to deal with that, and then, he takes his life! It was tough. I know all about *grief work* and all the emotions you work through! It's a roller-coaster ride! I ended up in the hospital over depression, but I'm on the road to where there's finally light at the end of the tunnel. I'm Bi-Polar Manic Depressive and I've since then, in the process of helping myself, realized that my father suffered from bpmd also. It was like someone turned on a light switch! All the puzzles pieces fit together! Now I can understand why his behavior was the way it was. Sorry if I rambbled, you just hit a cord with me.My heart goes out to you Mak, I don't have children, but I have dog's, and too me, it's like losing a family memeber.

((((here's a hug to you}}}}}
    Tink =:o)

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

P.S. Mak, I also have a great website on dealing with grief, I can share it with you, if ya'd like!

Tink =:o)

I can email it too ya! =;o)

• Flip
    Flip

Sorry to hear about the passing away of your Dad, Mak’ and thanks for posting your thoughts.

My father, a Jehovah’s Witness since the late 40’s until his death also passed away under similar circumstances.

I suppose our Dad’s did the best they could, given the limited and distorted information the corporation demanded they work with.

With access to better education, hopefully, some of their offspring will fair better and make it easier to remove themselves from the same psychological trap.

Flip

• SumnerSloan
    SumnerSloan

Richie says: <<If Jesus would have been at the funeral service or at the Kingdom Hall, would he have shunned anybody who is "supposed" to be shunned or ignored?>>

No, but they probably would have disfellowshipped him for speaking to them! (Or for claiming to be God's channel/mediator - one or the other!) LoL :-(

• Makena1
    Makena1

Thanks so much everyone for your support and warm responses. It really means a lot to me.

There is so much mutual pain out there - but also a lot of healing that has taken place. Reading your experiences and how you have worked to overcome adversity has helped so much.

I have some more I would like to write in response to your posts and questions - but will have to catch up on that later.

Warm regards to all,
    Mak and Sabine
    PS - Hi Snoozy!

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• Preston
    Preston

Mak, I don't know what I can say in addition to what everyone has said. I will say I felt very sad while reading your post. For a religion steeped in so much legalism, it's amazing how they can steep so low when someone you have felt close to for so long dies (I assume you were very close to your father). It used to be that I could look at my five years as a JW in context, that my experience wasn't entirely bad. After reading accounts like yours I can only say that I'm ashamed of the fact that I was ever a JW, being a part of religion that placed ritual over spirituality, and legalism over love. If you ever get the chance e-mail me, I would like to know more about how you have dealt with the loss of your daughter.

Preston.

• TheStar
    TheStar

I just noticed this post today while I was trying to catch up on old posts I hadn't gotten to read.

I was saddened to tears reading your post Makena.

I'm at a loss for words...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Mak and Sabine))))

Although I knew about your father's passing, I missed this post altogether. I'm so sorry!

I truly believe that your father is in another place, with an understanding of a Big Picture he didn't even know existed. It's so sad to hear that your siblings lost out on saying their good-byes to him. As you know I do not have a good relationship with my parents, but if anything were to happen to either of them, I wouldn't let ANYTHING stop me from attending their funeral. Nobody will take that from me! I'm glad you went and I'm glad you took your son. It's a wonderful demonstration to him of unconditional love.

You and your wife are beautiful and wonderful people. You've touched many people in this world. One of these days you'll see how many!

Lots of love to you and your family,

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit