"you're pretty compassionate for an atheist"

by Hortensia 47 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Who would you prefer to be your surgeon for an important operation?

A highly skilled surgeon who believes this life is the only one her/his patient will ever have.

• gymbob
    gymbob

This backhanded compliment reminds me of something an elder had said to me many years ago, after I had told him that I no longer felt the need to go to the meetings. he said, "That's a shame, you always seemed so smart and reasonable".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It could be Dexter!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Because believing in Baal would make me a nicer guy......... Cool......

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Atheists don't even believe in God!

Who would you prefer to be your surgeon for an important operation? I rest my case.

Non sequitur?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There is no consensus in America as to whether atheism or Christianity is correct. I give both views respect. In fact, if I had to choose one exclusively, I would choose atheism. It is not chaotic. The Bible is chaotic.

It takes tremendous chutzpah, plus total ignorance, to assert that your view is the exclusive one. We are a plural society.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I got a compliment from a M.S who came to my home to get me to go back to the K.H shortly after I had left for good. Everything he said I showed to be in error, he said: "You know too much !".

It was entirely thanks to posters on here that I had the knowledge to counter all the WT type spurious teachings and arguments.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How is it a non sequitur? It's a question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit