Let's make a list of the families ruined by the Watchtower

by Faithful Witness 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

The Jehovah's Witnesses came to our door, claiming to hold the secrets of family happiness. They told me they had the "one true religion," and had come to save my life. I was a bible student for quite awhile, along with my husband. We decided to discontinue our study, when we started researching the history of the organization and their false prophecies. Since that time, our extended family has been torn into two sides: us and them.

This is not a loving organization. It is all about control and power.

I am relatively new to this site, and would like to take a little survey. Has your family been affected by the Watchtower policies?

You don't have to give any personal details, but would you include yourself here, if you don't mind sharing your story?

I will start.

V.S: I was never baptized, but my children, husband and I are all being shunned by my sister and brother in law, because I decided not to become a JW. My parents also became JWs, so we no longer get everyone to come together as a family. My niece and nephew are being forced into the religion.

• Sherilynn
    Sherilynn

I don't think there is enough room here for a list. But add me to it and was just told by my friend her daughter had baby and will not let her see her new grandaughter because she is df for reading book on afterlife.

Just read quote from Corey Brooker:

Before you speak to me about your religion--First show it to me in how you treat other people

Before you tell me how much you love your God---Show me in how much you love ALL his Children

Pray that the scales will fall from our loved one's eyes that are caught in this CULT

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Here another family broken by the WTS rules. I'm the only one that's DF'd, a couple of others have faded, but even the faders still think and act as JW's. And the rest of the family is way too scared to be destroyed in Armageddon, so they stay in... just in case it's all true ('cause I know 100% for certain that 80% of the family don't believe it anymore, they're just a bunch a anxious people afraid to 'miss the boat' or should I say 'ark' ).

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey faithful.

So honestly.......who really wants to make that list? I think it wouldn't be a healthy exercise. Tell us about you, and hopefully we can support you. But lets not wallow in it as a group. Simon has said our best revenge is a life well lived, and to not become that which the WTBTS has always said we would become when we leave.

Their policies break up families, and then they have the audacity to suggest it is the one who felt differently and "left Jehovah" (ie the org), that is responsable for it. I know my family was in jeopardy until my wife finally came around. My extended family is still up for grabs. it makes me angry. The idea that because a relative simply feels differently about the religion of their youth that they are the "walking dead", is just buffonery.

all in all however, family and friends always have the ability to make up their own minds. We are ultimately responsible for our own actions.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

If the JW who treated our family so badly will be anywhere around, I would rather be in the ground than see them in "paradise."

• KateWild
    KateWild

Me and my family are going through a bad time too at the moment

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

My family and family-in-law are all JWs. My mother is currently DFed for the second time, and shuns me even though I have told her not to because "it's jehovahs arrangement."

One day I too will likely be DF'd, and shunned by all. My only hope is that my wife sees the light before then and comes with me. It's a terrible situation that only a cult would put someone into. My long-term goal is to have a happy, religion free family So that future generations of my family are free to love and accept each other without human-imposed conditions.

• sspo
    sspo

My wife left after 26 years of marriage due to "apostasy" on my part.

She will not talk to my other two daughters because they left the religion.

Oldest daughter still in but don't know where she's at, she has not communicated with the family since 2009.

That's what the watchtower does to family.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Me and my wife are going through a hard time. I betrayed her "spiritually" by not believing anymore in shunning, refusing blood in a life and death situation and infallibility of the scriptures where Jehovah orders genocide.

In her eyes I am such a discusting person because my faith changed to believe in a loving creator, true pacifism (also feeling unrighteous for god to destroy most people and children at armaggedon), unconditional love and respect of neighbor and nature, strong belieg in all human rights.

I am kind to her, but still we are going through an emotional hell because of this religion.

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

Every family who has a member/members who is a witness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit