How Many Here Are On Facebook & How Often Do You Frequent The Site?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I had to deactivate my facebook account, because I have no discipline. I get too wrapped up in what other people are doing. haha

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

Before my acount was deactivated I was on about 4 hours on and off daily.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Goodness gracious woman, sign up under a pseudonym! This time, no Witnesses for friends.

• losingit
    losingit

Im on it every other day now. And every time I'm on, I delete another jw from my list of friends. Goal is to remove every single jdub. Taking my time bc I'm still attached to the idea of their friendship. Letting go at my pace...

• Dagney
    Dagney

I check a dozen or more times a day. It's a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, and see what everybody is doing.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Same with me as Faithfull Witness, was on FB nearly 24/7... until we had no internet for a month and I realised that I wasn't really living. So I deactivated my account. I still have an anonymous account on a fictitious name, but no friends in it... it's mainly to check out some DIY-pages every now and then for new inspiration, so I use that once a week at the most and sometime look up people I've known in the past (specially when one of my children tells me things like 'did you know brother so-and-so is gay? Look at his FB!').

But I have to be aware, 'cause the same danger lies in this forum... I keep checking if there are new topics, new postings... so I'm sort of an undisciplined addict if I'm not careful enough...

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

I scan through my FB posts for about 3-5 minutes a day.

I started a FB account when my daughter moved overseas to teach. Her boyfriend actually posts more than she does, and he posts nice pics, so I have an idea of what is going on with them. I actually connected with an old high school friend through FB. I keep up on what's going on with my son through texting mostly. He lives about 6-10 hours away depending on traffic. He doesn't like to talk on the phone (His VM message says, "Go away!"), but he is really great about sending stuff he knows will make me laugh. He starts a new FB page, breaks up with his latest girlfriend and then deletes it. Wash, lather, rinse, repeat.

When I opened the account, I pre-emptively blocked every dub I knew. I was successful, because I haven't been DF'd yet.

I haven't blocked my non-dub wildly disfunctional family, because I don't want to start WW III, but I have removed them from my newsfeed-- too much drama.

I wouldn't be on FB if it weren't for my kids.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I check it once a day. I don't use my real name on FB. Too much depressing stuff, interspersed with occasional funny pictures of cats. Between the shutdown and the AGM, FB and JWN have been really boring lately.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Facebook is nice for me now - I live in Georgia, but all my extended family is elsewhere so we keep in touch with FB. A few years ago when I was in the WT, I had lots of jw "friends" on FB and it was easy for some people who hated me to destroy my reputation by lying about me on FB. So back then it was real bad.

I cut off every jw I knew and blocked them everywhere and every way there is. Now I love adding photos and seeing the cuzzins and keeping up with the West Point grad and his army training, and my mother in California can tune in and "visit" too. It's like a big living room, I just check in to see who is on the sofa!

• minimus
    minimus

addictions are terrible, aren't they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit