Things in the Bible that the JWs don't follow/practice.

by UBM101 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thw WTS does not follow the example set by the apostles by:

a. refusing to baptize military personnel as per Acts 10

b. refusing to baptize people weilding political authority as per Acts 8

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"john 3:7 a chirstian is not a christian if they have not be born again."

I will have to disagree with you on that one. Being born again is not of human or your initiative. So if someone is not born again,

there is nothing that he/she can do about it. So stop judging.

and

"Don't pray to Jesus. He said "anything you ask ME in my name I will give it". John 14:14."

That is not prayer. If it is, then if you ask your boss for a raise, then you are praying to him?

Asking is not prayer.

• Splash
    Splash

If you ask a divine being for anything, how do you do this? What's it called?

Oxford dictionary:
    PRAYER noun

• a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or another deity.
  • jamclark
    jamclark

They go over and above of abstain from blood, but not from fat or unclean meats. They are unhealthy and misread what Peter's vision meant. Still, pork meat is from an animal that poorly digests its food such that its meat will be tainted by any bad food it eats.

I read in Zechariah 14 that the Festival of Tabernacles will be celebrated in the restored earth, so why not gather for it now? The main thing is to retime the district assemblies to the 15th day of the 7th Scriptural month. However that would "open" the eyes of the R&F eyes to a bit more of the Turah (and less JWorg doctrine). And missing that festival could mean missing life.

Oh, the biggest is loving the Creator by using His name, not some created name. The Creator's name, shown in latin as YHUH or YHWH, is much closer to Yahuah and not Jehovah. His Son's name is not the English translation of a poor Greek transliteration of His Hebrew name. It's much closer to Yahusha (came in his Father's name) and not Jesus. There is no J sound in Hebrew nor was there a J in English until about 1633.

Don't quite know how the Bible Students under Rutherford passed the "inspection" (about 1919) and later adopted the name of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1935. Any "wink" of ignorance has long passed since groups started using the sacred name in the 1930s.

Jamie

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Rattigan350; not sure what you mean in your responce about being born again, please explain. Jesus said one must be born again which to me means to be baptized and then call on holyspirit to come down on you. JW's do not do this, yes baptism but no holyspirit. And baptism is just a token act because when you really study thier beliefs the rank and file members are actually considered Jonadabs and are not worthy of baptism. Infact origanally they could not get baptised or even attend the memorial service.

To go along with the thread 'Do not exalted yourselves' and we know the JW's don't do that.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Thou shalt not lie. The Watchtower lies about everything.

• stillin
    stillin

I haven't seen any of them ever cut off the parts that make them stumble.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Jesus told his Disciples to sell all their Belongings and give it to the poor and go after him. Do JWs do that.

The Bible bans woman to talk in the congregation. Do you see that in the KH ?

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

they make a glory to abstain from blood, but they let people take medicine that contains fraction of blood... bible does noT say "abstain from blood except medicine containing 0.0001% of blood...". Better be authorizing people to be treated with blood transfusion in that case, at least it would save life...

Another thing that bothers me: birth control. They are very hard on abortions, even in the case of a risk pregnancy, but allow contraception...If you read bible story of Onan you Will see that people who try to have "intimate life" but does noT want to have children are "bad in the eyes of god"...If they really were following the bible they should forbid the ûse of birth contrôl (as does the traditionnal catholic church) just as they discourage and forbid to celebrate birthdays...there is a lack of cohérence here.

And just to make it clear, i'm ok with birth control and find it a Great progress...I just want to point out inconsistencies in JW dogma...

• Emery
    Emery

If you want to get nit picky, they do not follow the Sabbath, which was never abolished. It's part of the 10 commandments for crying out loud.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit