Pioneer Service School Adjustment for 2014

by bnybyt 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

The Pioneer Service School will now be only one week, Monday thru Saturday.

It will consist of 40 hours of instruction and illustrations/presentations.

The reasong given is that this will make it more accessible to the pioneers for due to work schedules and for congregations having to sponsor and support the school.

It will make it easier on everyone and those who haven't attended in the last five years may be able to attend this school with the new curriculum.

What do you feel would be included in the new curriculum. Probably more worship of the Governing Body and they don't need two whole weeks to get this across.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I went to one of first pioneer schools back in the mid seventies. The same crap that was taught back then is taught today . But you are probably correct that more emphasis is places on the governing kings.

• rosesinbloom
    rosesinbloom

bnybyt,

is their a letter that states this you can scan and post?

kind regards,

roses

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Pioneer school was mostly how to use your WT library back when I went. I already knew how. The rest was "Rely on ... Jehovah/Holy Spirit/organization." So yeah, it probably will just focus on that last part.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I wish mine had only been a week.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It will still be a complete waste of time.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Since anything pre-2000 is old light, the focus will be on GB/organization worship. What else is there? The Insight books? What a friggin joke....

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I've never been to a pioneer school so I always thought it would have been about how to talk to people better at the doors and use the bible more, and effective techniques for study and return visits. Damn, I'm thinking they'd do what a normal sort of vocational school would do.

• steve2
    steve2

Sadly, folks, it will never quite substitute for higher education, the salary is the pits and the prospect of promotion commensurate with abilities is low. Still, I hear the lunches and evening meals are passable.

• Splash
    Splash

If they think they can cover the (new - 2010) Pioneer book in one week then that's mad.

Even with hours of homework every night it's a struggle to fit it all in!

Splash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit