Pioneer Service School Adjustment for 2014

by bnybyt 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A sister I know went again, (3rd time long time pioneer) and she said they added a whole chapter/unit on the "new light". Added as in inserted notes in the book for the info covered, same old book nothing new in it yet. She still couldn't explain any of it. Poor thing.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I have a friend that goes to pioneer school ...when she comes back she tells me what she has learned & what she has learned is stuff our parents taught us..or life experiences...she even says, while she was there she thought of me because they tell her what I already told her...So I think the pioneer meetings are to humble them. When you first learn the truth you have all this knowledge & so you think very highly of yourself. So pioneer school is to teach them not to run around hitting folks over the head with the bible...

Hopefully they are taught to have repect for people & be patient with them when studying because many of them (pioneers) use to be a bible study at one time...

Many have asked me do I think I would be a pioneer, as of now ...NO...I'm doing good to give the hrs. I'm giving..70 hrs a month...no way...that's alot of pressure...I'll just be good publisher, I don't need no titles...

It's 6 days because they are scaling back on everything even the literature, so why not the pioneer school....I smell alot of changes in air.

Legacy

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Legacy said:
    " It's 6 days because they are scaling back on everything even the literature, so why not the pioneer school..."

Yep... one day they will scale back to oblivion. Oh yeah!

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Sad, sad news. Many young zealous witnesses will now miss the golden opportunity to party hard two weeks in row, away from home and your regular congregation.

CP

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The real importance of the Pioneer School is to make pioneers FEEL IMPORTANT.

Doc

• LaughingCow
    LaughingCow

Do any of you have the new textbook for the Pioneer Service School 2014? can i share it? I'll be happy if you do guys! Thanks :-)

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome LaughingCow , you will get first hand info and encouragement here .

We look forward to more of your posts..

smiddy

• blondie
    blondie

What I found interesting so many years ago at pioneer school

1) making rvs that same day in the afternoon

2) coming back 2 days later to demonstrate a "bible" study

3) working with the CO and stopping at a garage sale on the street we were on (never a policy in that area that only demonized things were sold there)

4) it was an older group of jws that actually read the bible and discussed it in groups

2 weeks was hard on people that worked part-time and did not have vacation or paid time off. Also frees up a week for the CO...overbooked; we had many a substitute CO once a year because of that

As to partying, we were put in in the homes of local jws, parents with children. I don't know how we could have managed partying every night and then being grilled every day.

As to feeling important, a little; was the most individual time we spent with the 2 COs, one young and a new CO the older and became a jw at 40. Most of us were still believers wanting to save people.

• zeb
    zeb
    JO. Hmm and elder's schools would be instruction in the human experience, sexuality, counselling skills.... dream on.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Oh. Sweet.

Now when they make up their Linkedin profiles, they can add 40 hours of 'Pioneer School' to their education levels. They just have to stay current on the Awake magazine and they will be fully educated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit