Donating to charities discouraged by the WT

by lambsbottom 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

they have a balanced approach .. the following is taken from awake article.....emeth

......................................................................................................

Similarly today, Christians realize that the time, energy, and money spent in supporting Kingdom witnessing—

which improves lives and gives hope—is charitable giving of the best kind.

The WBT$ always leaves the Message .."Give your Time, Energy, and Money to the WBT$"..

Hardly a Balanced Approach..

.........More like Cold and Selfish..

......................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi outsmartthesystem,

No worries. These things happen. Sometimes when writing we all tend to misunderstand. I'm a X-Hippie, so I come from the generation of helping your fellow man...What I was really saying is that when we give what is our motivation. I do understand write offs but not when it comes from giving from the heart...Now I can understand getting a write off from a business deal but because you donate to make someone life better....That is really over my head, & maybe I'm not being realistic. I donate to a charity or whatever, but at least I'll get back my $$...is that really Christian...well, not to me it isn't.

I am a witness & it boggles my mind of how they don't help anyone but themselves...that makes me wonder they must have been a lot more selfish before they came into the truth, & by being in the truth, it has loosened their grip a little..& I mean a little. They always say, you can't help everybody, I say but you can try..If each of us pulled someone up, we would all maybe move forward...what a concept. uh?

So, onward & upward...I will remain a witness 'til I can't take it anymore...I may get DF'd but one thing is for sure, you can keep me out of the but not away from GOD, no organization can do that.

No apologies needed...hope we get to talk more in the future.

Legacy

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Regardless of what the WT says in writing, the general attitude of JWs towards worldly charities is VERY negative... Not sure why. I mean most JWs feel the same.

Part of helping my wife to wake up was to help her see what charities can do for people. This year she gave $500 to local charities, I'm very proud.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

" jws go to food banks and soup kitchens. It's like they won't donate blood but will accept products made out of donated blood. They will accept birthday/Christmas presents from non-jw friends and family, but will not give presents." Blondie

I know Witnesses who visit the Food Bank and use Blood Bank products from Factor-8 and Factor 9 to Spider Bite and Snake Bite treatments. Can someone help me ask the right questions to get the brothers and sisters to think why it's ok to take when Paul quotes Jesus saying "It's better to give than to receive".

How come JWs don't feel guilt always taking and never giving? Witnesses who were financial strong would visit the Food Bank to get Cheese, Milk and other "day old bread" grocery stores donated to the Senior "Bread Basket". It's bad enough they don't donate or give but to take things they don't need because their too cheap is obscene!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit