My granny died.

by LouBelle 49 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Last week Friday I was delayed in going to work, for which I am glad. It was an opportunity for me to help my gran one last time. She thanked me, told me she loved me and that I would be very blessed. My grandfather tells me those were her last words, she never spoke again no matter who tried to get a response from her.

I got home at about 5:15, laid on the bed with her and rubbed her arms, letting her know I loved her very much. I reminded her about some of our outings and the good times we had. Her breathing was very shallow, she was restless. I knew her time for leaving this world was very close. I told her it was okay to go and that we all loved her very much. I laid by her side for 45 min, she did try talk to me but I couldn't understand.

My aunt arrived. The rest of the family gathered around and we sat with her, rubbed her feet and told her how much she was loved. My granny died at 6:45 pm.

Death is never easy, but I have fantastic memories of her. I will drink some champaign for her at the funeral, and put on my lil red hat which she loved. Stand up and give a speech.

I will miss her very much!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I am so sorry.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Loubelle, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Loubelle, I am very sorry for your loss. She must have been a great person for you and you family to love her so much. She was blessed with a long life and a lovely grandaughter. (you!) Cheers to you both

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Loubelle, My heart goes out to you for the loss of your precious Grandma. She was very lucky to have such a loving person for a granddaughter. May she rest in peace.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I hope my granddaughter will love me like that when she is grown up. You are a sweet, terrific person.♥

• arwen
    arwen

So sorry for your loss.. Hugs... x0

• Ding
    Ding

Very sorry.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Sorry for your loss LouBelle.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

This is sad news, and I feel sorry for your loss, Loubelle