The Revamped Organization

by Nosferatu 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

With the release of the new bible, I can pretty much say that the WT religion is no longer the same religion that I left 17 years ago. It's bizarre. They have a different bible, a different song book, a different "youth" book, a different "Great Teacher" book, and the "Live Forever" book is gone. They release things now that seemed so wrong back then, such as making cartoon DVDs and colouring pages. The Watchtower changed the paper they print on, and the books have soft covers now. They no longer hold their convention in our city, the minimum hourly requirements for publishers has been reduced, they no longer charge for the literature, they got rid of the Book Study, shortened the Sunday meeting, opened the doors for the Anointed, and changed who knows how many doctrines.

The only thing that seems to be remotely identical is My Book of Bible Stories, but it's been revamped into color and no longer has that hard yellow cover which brought me so much dread as a child.

The NWT was the last thing that made me feel like the JWs were part of my history, as I still own my NWT to remind me of the horrible religion that I was once part of. That NWT is now "old light", obsolete, and will ultimately become "Apostate Literature".

• sir82
    sir82

Yep.

The only older "current" books that are still in use are the Insight books, the Reasoning Book, and "All Scripture is Inspired" - all from about 1988-1990.

Literally everything else in use is less than 10 years old.

And of course dumbed down (oh, sorry, the theocratic term is "simplified") to moron level - but that's another topic....

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I thought the Reasoning Book got a revamp too? And wasn't the "All Scripture Inspired" book nuked as well?

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

It really is a different religion, and many of the brothers and sisters are so fed up and suffering cognitive dissonance, treating one another badly all so they can impress Jehovah, but really trying to impress 8 men in NY, with their monthly time reports. So sad, I have even heard a CO couple that must have been fed up and the rumour was they were df'd for being apostates.

• sir82
    sir82

The Reasoning Book was last updated in 1989. All its "secular" quotes are now at least 25 years old. It still contains tons of "old light" on "generation", "anointed", etc.

"All Scripture Is Inspired" is still a source book for the Bible Highlights piece of the Ministry School. It contains the laughable chronology indicating that the first human to walk the earth did so in 4026 BC.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The Reasoning Book was last updated in 1989. All its "secular" quotes are now at least 25 years old. It still contains tons of "old light" on "generation", "anointed", etc.

I'm guessing that this one's going to be next on their hit list for a revamp.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The religion hasn't changed, nor has the organization, just the literature. If you grew up 30 years earlier, you would have been saying this 30 years ago. If 70 years earlier, then 70 years ago. "We don't even use Studies in the Scriptures anymore!"

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

what has changed is the relevance of prophecy and prescribed dates.....so many dates original and poached from others have passed uneventfully.....they've changed the generation meaning so many times Bruce Forsyth could be behind it (!)....so now it's a case of persuading the faithful followers to hang on in there and put trust in the uninspired gb....publications which focussed on prophetic dates etc are being replaced with bland fodder complete with pictures of noah etc to colour in.....it has become a religion based on the sieve....full of holes and unable to hold water.........new light just means mobile goalposts.......

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Are they reaching a point that it is a bad idea to put their ideas (that is what they are, really; no sense calling it doctrine as it changes every few years) to PRINT books with them?

Much simpler to put today's ideas and beliefs online; much easier to CHANGE and, best of all for them, NO PAPER TRAIL.

• steve2
    steve2

The organization has always changed. Each generation "remembers" it differently.

Remember, while the face changes, the brain remains the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit