Who is going to heaven? What does the new app say about this?

by Faithful Witness 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

CS,

You can be a witness to both the Father and the Son. The problem with JWism, is that they do not honor the Son as they honor the Father. We are to honor the Son to the glory of the Father. The GB place too much emphasis on the JEHOVAH brand name

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Perhaps, DATA-DOG, but Jesus, during his lifetime, always deferred to the Father, and I think that is where much of the problem comes from. When he was baptized, both the Father and the Holy Spirit bore witness of the Son. It also was clear that Jesus had a special relationship with the Son. When people attempted to glorify the Son before his resurrection, Jesus always pointed the way to the Father as the one worthy of worship.

When Jesus was born, I believe he (like us) was born into mortality with no memory of his former past. He grew and progressed, and eventually was put to death and resurrected, then was given all glory and power in Heaven and on Earth. And while we still pray to the Father in Jesus' name. I think it's only right that worship Jesus as the God of Israel.

The Jehovah's Witnesses believe Jesus was not Jehovah, but Michael, the archangel. I suppose if that's your belief, you wouldn't want to be caught worshiping an angel. They don't realize that if man needs an intercessor in the days of Jesus that they'd need one in the days of Moses, and Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. And that intercessor was Yahweh, not Michael.

• DS211
    DS211

I put some scriptures that pretty much show that jesus is jehovah...jesus said he came in his name, to make his name known...and yet in all of pauls letters and all the NT the name given is Jesus for salvation. And think, thats the only way that the LORD vs jehovah thing in the OT is solved...much more believable than a first century conspiracy IMO. We dont understand the full relationship, but we DO know Jesus was exulted to Gods height....if god were the owner of a restaurant, jesus was exulted to the level of owner and/or co-owner. This is just an opinion but yea...

DS211

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit