Any Fader Disfellowshipped in later Years?

by braincleaned 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Well... they can do whatever they want... I don't care really... the only people they will pester with it are my wife and my kids who are still going. I do not think they want to bring them into a negative situation.

Besides... the "elders" do not have any authority over me

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

De Wandelaar

the only people they will pester with it are my wife and my kids

Yes you are quite right. My wife is still in, and I do not care if they want to dfws me or not. But if they do, only my wife gets in trouble. She cannot have her friends at our home any longer as she liked to do so much. None of her congs. friends would like to come to our house. She would be regarded as a widow and strucked with the plauge.

How come that the GB doest´nt understand that this will even press her to drop of step by step. This even more since none of our kids any longer are in.

Bugbear

• rawe
    rawe

Hi Braincleaned,

I was never disfellowshipped, but after 2 1/2 years aftering leaving the faith, I was subjected to disassocation by action. This was in response to my decision to openly celebrate Christmas including putting lights on my house. As far as I am aware, there is no specific time limit after leaving wherein the elders feel that cannot act, although there is some guidance for elders in their elders-only policy manual about whether or not the individual views themselves under the authority of the congregation. In the case of disassociation by action, the decision is entirely internal to the elders and the person who is the subject of the announcement may not even be informed, or if they are, it is viewed as a "courtesy."

Sad to say, the faith concerns itself with indications of control and obedience by members and former members alike. Open displays of disobedience, even by long-time former members, can be met with reprisal.

Cheers,

-Randy

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Thank you all for the precious input.

I'm a rather vocal "apostate" now — so there is no doubt they will catch up with me.

They will have to DF me in absentia though, as I have no time to waste for the process.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

My only concern at this point is my mom and sister. They WILL shun me — while they have so far enjoyed the loophole of me not being DFed.

I know, huh? But now I do openly question and comment on the policies of the Borg... hence, they will get me for it.
    LOL! Oh well... when you can't shut up the Truth, you can stop others from listening thru mind-control.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

My ex-husband's uncle was DF'd years after fading. They had moved house, nobody in their new surroundings thought of them as JW's... but when the uncle started smoking and was seen by a JW they called him in for a JC. Of course he never showed up, and shortly after that got DF'd. It didn't influence his family, his wife and children had stopped for years together with him, but for his parents (my ex's grandparents) it was a disaster. All their children were JW's and they were all pretty close, and because of the DF'ing of their son everything fell apart. Aunts and uncles judging each other, judging their parents, the whole clan fell apart through this! And up until this day it never got fixed again... :(

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

The joys of being a JW... sigh.

I'll eventually be turned in. It will be the death of my mom — but that's not their problem. Donkey-holes.

• bigmac
    bigmac

bring it on !! i never was d/f'd--but apparently it was announced--in my absence---i wasnt a jw--but was deemed apostate.

but--i'd like to be d/f-it would give me greater standing amongst my peers.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Just park near the Kingdom Hall a few more times with that license plate of yours, and that should do it, bigmac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit