Any Fader Disfellowshipped in later Years?

by braincleaned 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Hi!

Hey, did anyone here ever get disfellowshipped after years of fading, because of having been discovered online saying crap about the WTS and/or the GB?
    Just wondering... you know they are following these sites...

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Yes I know that I have this year been not disfsh. but dissassociated, members of the congregation shall not seek me to speak about spiritual thing. Bu I have not attendet meetings in many year. This happends when CO and un elderly came to encouragement me to take up my meeting habit again. I told them that I had used the time by study history, history of Ideas and science and Philosophy, on an university level and that, I now was able to tell them the TTATT. More over I was able to let them se the historical documents and the artefacts that the Watchtower never publish, proofing the the "Bible" is not the word of god, merely is a collection (very interesting such) of myths legends and Jewish traditions written down by ordinary people, who didnĀ“t understand better. They of course refused to let me take them on the tour of proof scientific evidence.

Budgbear

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I had been fading for a few years the last time they came after me. As on the previous occasion I had claimed, using "Theocratic Warfare", that I still viewed myself as a Jehovah's Witness, they felt perfectly justified in trying to DF me.

I don't think there is any time limit on this, any group of Elders will contain some who if they perceive they can get you DF'd, especially for Apostasy, they will pursue you.

That is why many who wake up decide to allow a DFing to go ahead, or they DA themselves, that way they are totally free to say and do what they like, and give the whole JW/WT thing the finger.

If, like me, you prefer, to stay in the position of officially being inactive/non-attending then we have to constantly be vigilant, or risk the Thought Police coming after us.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I heard someone got done for walking into a local church a couple of years after she stopped going. I can't confirm that though. I guess it depends on the local elders. Some probably don't care any more if you're caught smoking or something years after fading, while others will come after you with a vengeance.

• dozy
    dozy

DFing faders seems to be somewhat random - there doesn't seem to be any standard "statue of limitations". I've known people who have been inactive for six months not being DFd & those who haven't attended for five years being DFd.

We had a guy in our congregation who was a MS but drifted out & after a year or so began openly living with a girlfriend , celebrating xmas etc. One of the elders ( urged on by his wife , who knew the guy socially ) was vociferous that we should DF him & somewhat reluctantly we sent a couple of elders out to meet him - he basically told them to mind their own business. The body was a bit split but we decided to leave him alone. It shows that the decision to DF or not can be somewhat arbritrary.

I suppose a lot depends on the attitude of the congregation elders ( most are too lazy and / or busy to DF faders but some are very much "spiritual policemen types" ) and the degree of the DFing "offence".

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

@Dozy... if they do not DF someone for THAT then I do not know for what else they would do it :D

• dozy
    dozy

The criteria according to the elders book for DFing faders is:

(1) Are they still considered as a JW in the congregation & the community & do they still profess to be a JW?

(2) Will they meet with a JC , showing they accept the authority of the elders.

(3) Does he / she still have a measure of contact with the congregation?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

they caught up with me a couple of years into my fade with a loaded speaker phone conversation that completly caught me off guard with the usual "do I believe the WTS is the channel/ do I want to still be asscociated with them etc" I was shortly DA'ed not that it made much difference

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dozy, your criteria list is correct, but I think we need to add, if you are not willing to meet with a JC they can still DF or DA you in absentia.

Your refusal to meeet with them in a JC situation will not save your sorry arse if they have the two witness proof they need, and are determined to get rid of you.

The most likely reason to get them fired up is if you are perceived as a "danger to the Congregation", this especially applies if you are known to be promulgating opposing views.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

dozy's comment is correct.

If you fade and appear to still lead a 'clean life', you'll avoid a JC meeting. But....if anyone gets word that an inactive person is doing things that warrant disfellowshipping, the elders will investigate - even years after they left.

As one smart a$$ elder once told me "in the congregation there is no 'statute of limitations.' "

I've come to realize that if you choose to be inactive but don't relocate or you have family members that are card carrying JW's and want to be yourself, it's almost impossible to avoid elder trouble.

You can't have your cake and eat it too...

ginger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit