The Great Grandmother Tragedy - New video on YouTube

by RayPublisher 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

From the video description:

----------------------------------------

A heartbreaking situation is played out every day for many grandparents that are former Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons: Their precious grandchildren grow up without knowing them, and in some cases the little ones are told that their Grandma or Grandpa hates God and is serving Satan and will be killed at Armageddon.

Why would such a terrible thing be done? It is because of the Mormon Church and Watchtower Society's harsh shunning policies. Some Jehovah's Witnesses have used this terrible doctrine as a weapon against their own parents and it is a tragedy and a horrible loss for all sides. Once a person is indoctrinated into a cult, they will even turn on their own family members and this is one example of it in action.

The video is based on a book that Daniel L. Hall wrote in 2000 called "The Armageddon Cult: Nothing in Watchtower is right!" It was recently recommended to me by two different friends, and I began an effort to obtain a copy. Unfortunately the only way to get a look at it is by contacting Mr. Hall directly, which I did. The book is out of print and the author is working on ways to get it back in circulation and available for order via Amazon.

Anyway, I have enjoyed many sections of Mr Hall's excellent and thoroughly researched book. I share a few pages with you now, entitled, "The Great Grandmother Tragedy".

----------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MteHX4w8650

• solomon
    solomon

An older woman that I knew was always friendly to the witnesses, her daughter and son in law got baptized and he progressed to be an elder. The mother was always friendly having the jws in for coffee when they were in service . When her husband died she got love bombed by the congregation and submitted to a bible study and finally baptism. A short time later this elderly woman had a stroke and had to be put in a long term care facility and was in a wheelchair and had to be wheeled around by the nurses.

Well one day there was a birthday party and they wheeled this sister, who couldnt communicate, to the party. The elders found out and df'd her!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

No disrespect, solomon, but that's a bit hard to believe! Attending a b'day party shouldn't warrant more than a reproof. Of course in that situation, any kind of reproof would also be ridiculous, but I just don't see how it could lead to a disfellowshipping.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Great video.

This is happening to me right now . My heart is broken .

And I'm not even DFed .

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Well one day there was a birthday party and they wheeled this sister, who couldnt communicate, to the party. The elders found out and df'd her!

Good one!

• suavojr
    suavojr

WoW JJ! Nice find.

Solomon:

If I was not a born JW I would say you made that up, but I now that sadly it is true.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Solomon & Apognophos - There very well may be more details to the story. But one thing is for sure: THE ELDERS CAN DF YOU FOR ANYTHING if they want to. This has been commented on before here on JWnet and is a fact. I saw it happen many times during the years I was an elder.

And I am working on a new video right now that has the entire story of a couple that were DFed at the same time and never even found out who accused them or what they were accused of...nothing! It is a shocking example of this very thing in action.

• suavojr
    suavojr

It might be hard to believe but it all depends what kind of elders handle the case

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

In my former congregation in the 80s an older JW with dementia got DF for smoking a sigar...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Wow, jeez. Well, I knew there was an arbitrary element to disfellowshipping (Do the elders dislike you? Did you step on the wrong toes?, etc.), but maybe I underestimated how bad it can be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit