HELP I have until next Wednesday

by KariOtt 32 Replies latest jw friends

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

losingit....I can't believe after all you have learned about TTATT that you wonder why I openly oppose my husbands involvement. Think about why you left. I don't have a problem with religion. I'm all for it. I do have a problem when a religion takes all control away from its members. A religion that uses threats and imitation to keep their members. I have a problem with a religion that thinks nothing of dividing families. I have a problem with a religion that keeps secrets from its members. I have a problem with a religion that tells its members what can and can't be done in the marital bed. I have a problem with a religion that thinks nothing of saving the lives of its members. I have a problem with a religion that protects sex offenders.I have a problem with a religion that expects to be put before family. Need I go on with more examples because I could write a book on whats wrong with the witnesses. Please let me know if you need more examples.

• losingit
    losingit

KarriOtt-- I definitely agree that the WT does all the things you stated in your list. Of course you have a problem with all those things. I do, too. It is clearly spiritual and emotional abuse, definitely, no doubt about it. What my question is touching on is *strategy*. I have seen many posters here offer advice to UBMs in helping their spouse break free from the tangled lies of the WT. Much of the advice tends to lean on being even-keeled, slipping in TTATT into discussion so as to ease the stress from the cognitive dissonance. I would think that being openly opposed causes a lot of stress on a marriage. I suppose it is a difference in degrees, from being seemingly indifferent to open dislike to open opposition. I can understand the degrees between indifference and dislike because I believe there is a strategy behind it. I am not seeing the strategy behind being openly opposed.

• TheSophist
    TheSophist

As a wise jwnet user once said:

"Let's review....IT'S A CULT!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit