HELP I have until next Wednesday

by KariOtt 32 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Are you already publicly known as an apostate? You may very well be, afterwards. You have little to gain.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

You only need the recent July 15th, 2013 Watchtower.

Ask her if the Governing Body is CORRECT NOW in teaching that they, and only they, are in fact the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" what were they before?

And if the WT leadership has been wrong about their own prophetic identity for the last 93+ years, how can we trust that they are right about anything? This is, after all, THE foundational scripture upon which all their claims of authority rest.

If the GB are NOT the FDS, then we are under no obligation to listen to them about anything, none ... zero, zilch, nada, nothing, zippo!

Lovthat at!!

Think about recording it. You never know when you might need it. Plus it will be a constant reminder to watch what you say so you don't go oboard oars.

NJY

• losingit
    losingit

Who initiated the text conversation? Was she trying to establish a study with you , and then she agreed to talk about those topics?

• perfect1
    perfect1

Since you are not a JW, never have been, and hopefully never will be, you have no chance of taking on an elders wife with doctrinal points.

The only person you will hurt, who is a JW, and who you care about, is your husband.

bow out.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Everyone feels differently. But we all agree, only deal with one thing at a time. I believe the blood doctrine as currently taught by JW's is the most dangerous, and also the most entagled. There are questions that cannot be answered.......period.

Taking blood and not repenting is a disfellowshipping offense. Same goes for the 4 main components

Yet Albumin (a blood protein), makes up twice the volume in blood, as white blood cells do. It varies but its something like 1.3% (white blood cells), and 3% (albumin). So why is taking one a disfellowshipping offense and the other not? Who makes this decision?

In 1999 taking a fraction is a disfellowshipping offense. In 1967 taking an organ is a disfellowshipping offence. If someone....ANYONE, lost their lives over that doctrine that is enforced through disfellowshipping, and it was later found to be in "error", who bears the bloodguilt for that death? They were told they only had one choice. They were not told the truth.

In biblical times, David ate showbread when him and his mens lives were in danger. Jesus used this illustration showing that God wants mercy not sacrifice. Same goes for healing on the sabbath. Jesus broke the rules because they missed the point of the rules.

Your position id not one of EATING blood, but rather that a christian could use their conscience in deciding to use blood for what its intended purpose is......to nourish the body in the circulatory system. (in other words, transfusing, fractioning, and testing all do not "pour out on the ground" the blood stated in the Noachian creed). People in a coma cannot be "fed" through their veins. They have to have a feeding tube. Also when you are bleeding to death, you cannot drink blood and survive. In most if not all cases, the person who donated the blood, is still alive and walking around.

Between the medical weirdness, the change in doctrine that meant REAL lives, the teachings of Jesus AND Paul contradicting a legalistic stance, and the proper context of the word "abstain" and what it would have meant to the people of that time......I think blood is a slam dunk. Might get her thinking too.

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

The wife chickened out. After several more text messages back and fourth with her trying to take control and my standing my ground on what we had already agreed to duscuss and not falling for her bid to be in control about subject matter she told me that she wouldn't have a talk with me. Not sure how much her elder hubby had to do with her change of mind.

losingit.... In another post I mentioned that back in January before I learned TTATT I sent a request for a study. I knew then hubby was back in perminately and wanted to learn more. It took 10 months for them to knock on my door today for the January request. She initated the contact after I slammed the door on her and her hubby today.

• losingit
    losingit

Yes, I remember that post KarriOtt. I was wondering who inititated the text conversation. I was just trying to figure out if it was a set up as some others suggested. I was thinking that itpprobably wouldn't be a good idea to share your doubts or TTATT with a jw because of what seems to be the fragile situation between you and your husband. You wouldn't want to jeopardize that relationship just for the opportunity to reverse witness to a practical stranger. Being labeled an apostate is serious business and is not worth the cost.

• KariOtt
    KariOtt

Its all moot now since she chickened out

• losingit
    losingit

I guess what I want to ask is: why share TTATT with anyone? I can see working carefully contrived small doses of it into conversations with your husband. That's a monumental task in itself. I don't thinkit's wise to go beyond your own household.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I agree with Gingerbread and The Searcher. I seriously doubt she has any interest in TTATT. She wants to expose an apostate. My own wife feigned interest in my research on the organization under the guise that she "valued" facts and truth.....only to team up with her father to make sure I got ousted. Tread lightly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit