Death in Paradise !

by Pterist 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, the Society hasn't stated that animals were once "perfect" or lived forever. Your point, Pterist, about how Adam and Eve would know what death is, from observing the animals dying, was a point made in some talks when I was a JW. This made me question, as I was growing up, why God just didn't seem to give a damn about animals. They can feel pain and fear like we do, but apparently it's okay if they die violent deaths or die from old age? I gradually realized that the brothers at the top of the organization, and any elders that were good company men, had a positively sociopathic attitude towards animals, since they were imitating what they thought was God's mindset towards them. It was one of the first red flags for me about the religion.

I thought from the title that this thread was going to be about death of humans in paradise -- how, if you enjoyed taking walks in nature in the new system, sooner or later, statistically speaking, you would die by having a tree branch fall on you (or by sliding down a hill and hitting a rock with your head, etc.). As you took nature walks over a thousand years, a million, a billion, the likelihood of death by tree branch would approach 1.

• Pterist
    Pterist

@Apognophos

Thanks for your interesting comment.....

My comment in this thread is intended to show how a return to "paradise earth" conditions as believed and taught by the WBTS as being "good" and is now the hope of over 7 million JWs and some other denominations.

The facts show that creation was and is a violent enviornment, the "garden" be it a storey or fact was at best a "good for purpose" creation to an ultimate perfect goal beyond Eden.

This thread is not intended to prove a spiritual perfect goal or to show the causes of the violent mortal creation, these issue have been debated for years by people way above my limited knowledge. However, I hope it opens the minds of some JWs who are sold on the teaching of a return to an earthly paradise where there is no more pain, suffering and death. All these conditions are consistant with a mortal creation which was NOT intended to be eternal.

Shalom

• prologos
    prologos

Adam and Eve were not made to live naturally forever, not any more than their animal predecessors and contemporaries.

how do we know? it is not only observable, it is

proven in the talking snake story.

What was the tree of life for?

to give a prolonged, sustained -, - a better , - a more secure LIFE?

so if you had that kind of LIFE from the start already, why have that stecial tree to get it? or sustain it?,

a tree symbol from which mankind was barred by the

twirling swords?

analize the words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit