Death in Paradise !

by Pterist 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pterist
    Pterist

Romans 5:12
    Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned--

Young earth creationists and JWs (as opposed to old earth creationists) believe that Adam and Eve were the cause of ALL death and the subsequent cause of mortality in the universe, however the above scripture shows that Adam and Eve were the cause of MANKIND's subsequent death because of their sin, and lost out on the oppurinity of seeing God's glory to bring them to immortality by eating from the tree of life. Hebrews 2:5-11

What does the WBTS teach about the death of Dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures before Adam and Eve were created and sinned. I'm sure the animals and insects in the garden were NOT eternal either, and died and reproduced before their very eyes. Otherwise how would they understand Jehovah's command that NOT obeying him would result in death ? Adam and Eve did not asked God "What is death" ?

Death and mortality existed in the universe before Adam and Eve, earth was never intended to be an eternal home, but a temporary home to work out God's glory and sovereignty in HIS intended plan before creation as conceived in the mind of the creator. Ephesians 1:4

Comments, suggestions, outbursts, anyone ?????

Shalom :)

• cofty
    cofty

They believe that animals died before the "fall".

• Londo111
    Londo111

Agreed. Of course, personally, I take the Genesis story as allegory, not as history. I suspect the Fall is pre-time.

• Pterist
    Pterist

@cofty ****They believe that animals died before the "fall".****

Thanks for the reply, I must have missed out on that study, or just old age creeping up on me :)

So how do the JWs envisage the animal kingdom in a restored earthly paradise of no pain and death and the ultimate death of the universe and our planet ?

• Pterist
    Pterist

@Londo111 **** I suspect the Fall is pre-time ****

It makes the "Gap Theory" interesting. The Pre-time Seige of power by the opposing heavenly powers ?

The idea that mere mortal creatures could be empowered to overcome such would be an insult to them !?!?

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I dont' beliieve the WTS has ever implied that the dino's lived before A&E

the presumption has always been they were killed off in the flood

I remember one douchebag elder from my old hall telling a study that Jah created dino's to control vegetation outside of Eden. Oh really, what scripture is that in?? Dumb-ass

• sir82
    sir82

I dont' beliieve the WTS has ever implied that the dino's lived before A&E

the presumption has always been they were killed off in the flood

The last times dinos were mentioned in any WT literaure was a late 80's or early 90's Awake magazine article.

IIRC, it sort of left open the question of whether the dinos died in the flood, or prior to that.

It had some sort of mealy-mouthed wishy-washy statement like "the dinosaurs served whatever purpose God had in mind for them. When that purpose was finished, he allowed them to die off."

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

You make a solid point. The bibles lack of commentary on reality, never set well with me even when I was in the borg. I spent a great deal of thim thinking about the dinosaurs, large craters on earth, and the bibles silence on the subject. Recently, I saw a movie about the natural habitat of Chimpanzes that was fascinating. These animals actually have violent wars between groups of own kind, over finite food resources in the jungle, killing each brutally. One has to wonder if the same wasn't happening at the time of this supposed garden of eden. Violent, vicious, brutal death and war in the animal kingdom, another powerful point in the long list of biblical logic failures.

• steve2
    steve2

Like any decent book that wants to sell, the Bible requires an excellent quality of paper, appealing fonts, pleasantly spaced lines and to be set off with leather-binding, gilt-edged paper and stately gold-embossed titling on its cover. For any product, impression management is everything.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Pre-time as in before the material universe. I suspect Origen may have been onto something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit