I suspect the WTS mut be feeling pretty good about their own internal security...

by sir82 25 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

...since it evidently was not confirmed in advance that the AGM was going to be exclusively about releasing the RNWT.

I mean, we all kinda sorta expected it, but no one had a "smoking gun", as it were, officially confirming it.

In contrast, there was the leak, posted on this forum, of the July 15 2013 Watchtower, a week or 2 before its official posting on JW.org.

I'm sure the RNWT was a well-guarded secret - on the other hand, there has been a RNWT translation committee in existence for 5+ years. Absolutely no one in the "apostate community" even hinted at this committee's existence. That's a lo-o-o-o-ng time to keep a secret.

Then, there was the logistical angle. Dozens of Bethelites were running the presses for months, printing & binding new Bibles. Hundreds of thousands of Bibles were shipped worldwide and stored for X days in advance of the meeting.

But nobody in Bethel leaked anything. None of the "opposers" truly knew it. We expected it, we speculated about it, we heard rumors...but no one confirmed anything.

So, it seems to me that the idea that there are high-level "moles" within the organization may be mere wishful thinking.

Or, on the other hand, if I really were a high-ranking mole, I may well have thought that this opportunity was too obvious, and I'd just be biding my time for something even more significant than "a revised gray Bible".

• cantleave
    cantleave

Johnny the Bethelite let us down ;-)

• baltar447
    baltar447

Lol Angus!

• latinthunder
    latinthunder

It was known for a while, but no one wanted to accept it because they are afraid of being wrong.

• sir82
    sir82

It was known for a while, but no one wanted to accept it because they are afraid of being wrong.

That's kind of my exact point - if there was a possibility of being wrong, then it wasn't really "known".

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

It's amazing what the threat of one's very salvation and promise of Jehovah's disappointment might make someone do or not do.

Maybe it was an instant disfellowshipping offense? Pack your bags... see ya' bye?

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

May this be a lesson for us all about speculating in the future. Sir82 makes an excellent point, that despite (at times) our delusions of grandeur we do not, in fact, have anyone on the "inside". Those on the "inside" remain resolute to be faithfull at all costs - and for those that supposedly are speaking from the 'inside" they may well be here to continue their duplicity (at best) and infiltration (at worse) reporting back to their respective bethel elders who in turn pass along information to the cabal surrounding the GB.

Unfortunately my family now has to deal with fall out from the RNWT (less than a week) where my nephew (unbatized, left home at 18) and gay has been shunned by his parents and told that unless he repents "his homosexual" ways that they will have nothing to do with him. So if some of those lurkers are reading this from bethel - if anything happens to my nephew (he is hugely traumatized) then it will be on their heads along with the group of men that supposedly represent our Creator here on earth. Now i am off to console him in the hopes he understands he is loved, cherished and understood by at least some of his family.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Wasn't there an elder somewhere who was willing to crack open a box and reveal the new Bible ahead of time? How cool would that have been. A bit depressing that it didn't.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

There were posts here about a gray Bible being used by Bethel heavies and traveling overseers, then the Bibles were recalled.

No one remembers those posts?

• oppostate
    oppostate

I posted a picture from the 2012 District Convention with Guy Pierce holding one of the new bibles.

Made several posts about the look and content of the new grey bible that I'd had in my hands back a year ago and that it was going to be released and that's why there weren't NWTs available in KHs.

If folks here and on other forums don't want to believe these disclosures unless someone with more pull and reputation states them then that's their fault.

It's like that commercial where someone says something and gets ignored then someone else says the same thing and makes a chopping motion with his hand then everyone agrees that's the correct decision. When the previous guy objects he's told that well, he didn't make the chopping with his hand. Preposterous, yes, but sometimes it feels just like that on these xJW forums.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit