I suspect the WTS mut be feeling pretty good about their own internal security...

by sir82 25 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It's a shame you couldn't have pinched one, you'd have been a hero!

• adamah
    adamah

May this be a lesson for us all about speculating in the future. Sir82 makes an excellent point, that despite (at times) our delusions of grandeur we do not, in fact, have anyone on the "inside".

Word is, there's a high-level apostate plant within the Borg who goes by the name of "Andre".....

Shhh.... keep it under your hat!

Adam

PS agreed on the "delusions of grandeur" bit: it takes a bit longer to shake that tendency towards self-importance off, as simply leaving the JWs often doesn't do make it go away.

• sir82
    sir82

Easy there, fella....

Somehow must have missed your earlier posts, sorry 'bout that. I checked your post history and you did indeed explain about the gray Bibles.

Still, I didn't see anywhere (unless I missed that too) any posts which detailed that the AGM on 10/5/13 was going to be the product rollout meeting.

Which was, as I recall, the topic of the original post.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Even JWs knew the AGM was bringing a bible. I'm not sure what would have been necessary to make it an official apostate reveal. I'm not ripping on you. Just pointing out that everyone here knew it was going to release a bible. So did every JW I talked to before hand. They said it was rumored to be a bible, but that's what you say when the holy GB hasnt officially revealed it Yet.

• avaddohn94
  • latinthunder
    latinthunder

That's kind of my exact point - if there was a possibility of being wrong, then it wasn't really "known".

There is a type of intuition that warrants trust when the facts are unavailable. Sherlock Holmes, if he were real, would call it the process of deduction. We knew that this particular annual meeting was special for a plethora of reasons. Because the meeting took place one week after the FDS change, we should have expected a sweeping change in direction. That direction just so happened to be the opposite of one Fred Franz who was the brainchild of the NWT. In just two short weeks they managed to dramatically distance themselves doctrinally from both Russell, by removing his FDS appointment, and Franz, by archiving and replacing his masterwork. The Watchtower is in the midst of a very careful process.

What I imagine they are going for is what Rutherford would have wanted. He believed the object of adoration was the organization rather than a man which was Russell's approach. As Watchtower history shows, it's an extremely difficult task hiding the dreadful actitives of the leader of a cult of personality. It's such a fragile model because everything hinges on the actions of a single person and the cover up abilities of his entourage. It's much easier to direct the worship to an organization rather than any person because the organization can "do no wrong." As we have seen the organization can have a fresh criminal record and the members will explain it away as "Satan's lies." We see this organization worship not just in religion, but in politics and business as well.

Check out this picture from the FDS article:

^ This is Rutherford's dream. It shows the unofficial leader of the Governing Body, Gerrit Losch, sitting down in the audience. The people in the picture are paying attention, not to the GB member, but the child. This is an actual photograph of their long term strategy in action which is to indoctrinate children. That little girl doesn't have the slightest clue what she's involved with. They have enough people now that they can sustain survival simply by having children which they put through a rigorous system of mind control. We are seeing child abuse in this photo and the question is what are we going to do about it?

It's also important to note that while the people's attention is directed to the child commenting, Gerrit is centered in the photograph. The picture subtly tells who really is in charge, which is the whim's of 8 old men who are liquidating and running with their tales in between their legs upstate. They won't be able to hide forever.

So, while the Governing Body may feel like they are basking in victory, the exact opposite is true. Everybody can see what they are doing because they are broadcasting it to the globe via the internet. They think they are untouchable and have the world in their pocket. How wrong they are.

• scotoma
    scotoma

The gray bibles that were seen in a few places was a test of the new binding and cover. It probably was just the regular NWT. It was mentioned at the meeting that they had been testing the covers and that they were proven to be "sister proof".

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    {{I suspect the WTS mut be feeling pretty good about their own internal security...}}

Well I wouldn't feel that good if I were them, this was really not that much of a big deal, all it was, was a Bible with a new cover, some words and font changes, it ain't exactly stuff that needs to be kept secret.

The list of defectors from the Watchtower corporation grows by the hour if not by the mintute. A ton of secret letters to elders, COs and DOs already circulating the worldwide web, private judicial committee meetings being video'd and posted on the internet, as well as big internal problem developing over failed dates and predictions. These things hardly give the CEOs of the WT corporation reasons for 'feeling pretty good about thier own internal security'.

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

Yes but they had to print them in Japan for it not to be leaked out!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It would be hard for somebody on the inside to report. Will they use the societies wifi/broadband, etc. It wouldn't take long for them to track down who visits this website.

They'd need their own internet service, phone, or go to libraries, mcdonalds, etc, so not get caught.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit