Who Cares!!

by Theredeemer 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

As others have posted, Facebook has been lit up with comments like "historical event", "great to finally hear from our wonderful GB" and a new bible. Everyone, even here, wants to disect it, compare it and ponder the magnitude of it all. You know what I say "Who f*&king cares!!!!". It is just a Mother F*&king bible!! There are hundreds of versions, translations, updates and so on. I may be wrong with the numbers but, havent the witnesses used now 4 different versions?! This was basically just like apple events where they release an IPhone or announce a new os that does basically the same stuff just with a few tweaks. The fans buy it up and apple moves on. In a few months it becomes old news and back to the drawing board.

It is a non event. A marketing trick to stir up interest (a very ingenious one at that). What all this shows is the jig is up. They are running out of ideas. Aside from straight up giving a date for armaggedon, these little "events" are all they have to stir up emotions in the rank and file. These little events, however, can not fill the tanks up. At best the needle moves to half a tank. We will definitely see more of these "historical" events. Its works in the beginning but these events will eventually become a burden much like assemblies. Little buy little, they will cost more gas in the tank than they will fill.

Mainstreamism. By slowly moving into becoming a little more "mainstream" they have ventured into a category they have always tried fervently to avoid: a religion. In actuallity, this aversion from being accepted by the world worked in their favor. This was before the internet, however, when thier lies and statements could not be tested out. Now they can be exposed, scrutinized and investigated by anyone. They figure by trying to be a little more mainstream they can change thier cold, professional bible thumping image. They are kind of like an Indie band that has a hardcore fan base because they are unique, controversial or different but suddenly become mainstream and get lost in the crowd and fizzle out because: NO ONE CARES! The only ones who do are those in the fan base and even they are often times divided.

Folks, this now bonafied religion is on its way to the fizzle.

All this excitement and built up anticipation to release, wait for it......A MOTHER F%^&g BIBLE!! Just like the hundreds they have at Wal-Mart. I picture that scene in Raiders where they cart the Ark to the facility that stores all the other "treasures". No big deal.

Attention Apple: If you ever need some marketing employees there are 8 dudes that know how to stir the masses up real good! If you are patient, in about 20 years I think they will be looking for work.

• cantleave
  • braincleaned
    braincleaned

LOL! Good post.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The New Bible has Words Changed..Very Exciting!!..

And..

Theres 13% less words..

The WBT$ thought the Bible had too many words..

13% less words makes the bible lighter and easy to carry..

13% less words means you can read the Bible longer and not get fat..

......................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Maybe the Org did hire Apple employees!!

Iphone 5= longer, thinner tweaked up iphone 4

NWT ver 2= Thinner, less weight, grey tweaked up NWT ver 1

translation= fan boys in histerics!!

reality= in 6 months "who cares"

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Yup, thats what it is...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s the WBT$ 2.0 Bible!!..

This is a Time to Celebrate!!..

People are going to want to Fry Chicken and Drink Beer!!..

................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

In fact, although I think I like the new revision, I agree with your basic assertion that it's completely pointless. Was there ever really a need for the New World Translation in the first place? For decades, the Society would have us think so, trumpeting the no-nonsense approach that the Committee took to the wording, and the removal of the other Bibles' "bias" from the doctrinal scriptures, but now they've released an app where we can read other translations' renderings of a NWT verse, presumably because these other translations have some value after all (including the KJV?!).

I know JWs believe that the NWT is the best possible translation, but I feel like the removal of the strict following of verb tenses, etc. just brings the Bible in line enough with the existing modern-English Bibles that a Witness using the app and comparing translations is probably going to think, "Wait, what's the point of having our own Bible again?"

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

What's the point of them even having bibles period since they cant even read them without WT literature to guide them?! OOOO they changed some words!! OOOO its grey!! OOOO Governing Body members!!! OOOOO lots of people!!! OOOOO Im invited!! OOOO we are now really extremely less than one milimeter away from armageddon!!

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I just read a comment on Istagram "So blessed to be in such a wonderful organization". May I ask why? Because this org gave you a bible? Because it did what other versions have done decades ago? Because its grey? Because you got to hear the voice of your masters? Because you wore the suit you were planning to wear to the SD assembly but got to wear it earlier? Because you had a reason to go out to eat with your friends at chilis or cheddars or any other low scale restraunt?

Or is it because you are so spiritually, emotionally and mentally thirsty that any drop of liquid, even if its piss, will be overwhelming at this point? Is it because for one weekend you did something a little different, got to hear something a little different than what you had been doing for the last 20 or more years?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit