The NWT is almost readable now (some random thoughts)

by slimboyfat 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

And the Society send back .... a letter from America?

• Finkelstein
  • Finkelstein
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder what will be the set " Donation price " and what kind of mark-up or they are expecting ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The changing of words to better suit their literature proliferation as a publishing house exposes a part of this organization's corruption

along with its long list of pretentious deceiving doctrines.

Devoted JWS will just say " Well they're just imperfect men "

Indulgently corrupt commercialized false prophets never seems to reach their lips for some reason !

I guess the instilled assumption that they are still practicing purer worship to god than other religions, overrides that acknowledgment of corruption.

• Ruby456
  • mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

verse 16 keeps undeserved kindness while other translations tend to use the same word (grace) thoughout.

Heaven forbid (or Governing Body forbid) JW's start running around saying "grace" instead of "undeserved kindness", it would make them sound too much like other Christian faiths and the R&F might start thinking they are good enough to have a relationship with God without them!

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

mindnumbed it is much much nicer to think that humans receive divine favour through Jesus but then if one's worldview is that life is a struggle and humans can be obnoxious undeserved kindness makes more sense.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Incidentally, it is possible to provide a translation that is both literal and readable : The New American Standard Bible is the best example I reckon. But the NWT failed miserably____Slimboyfat

Maybe the questions posed by the WTS can shed some light as to why you think it failed miserably

NEW WORLD TRANSLATION (Old Version )

" Who were the translators ?

When presenting as a gift the publishing rights to thier translation, the New World Bible Translation Committee requested that its members remain anonymous . The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania has honored this request."______Reasoning Book page 277

" Is it really a scholarly translation ?

Scince the translators have choosen to remain anonymous, the question cannot here be answered in terms of their education background."________Reasoning Book page 277

As JWFACTS have stated : " As soon as a translation starts to present what the verse is suppose to mean, it starts adding its own interpretation."

That is what the WTS has set out to do in order to twist the scriptures to fit their spin on " Nu lite "

Don't be fooled, the WTS know who those donors are. They jus don't want nobody else to know

Those translators were probably janitors or window washers and not scholars

Bein' anonyous ain't got a thing to do wit "Honorin' the Divine Author "

They don't want nobody to point out how uneducated the translators really are

If the WTS wanted to " Honor the Divine Author "

they would leave his words alone and heed to the scripture that says

" If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;

and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the book of life(KJV)_____Rev. 22: 18-19

The WTS has done both

Wonderment, It is not hatred that I spew. But qoutes from the literature published by the WTS

They are their own worst enemy

If you were to challenge Jehovah's Witnesses usin' the Reasoning Book

they will find an excuse to turn away from it as if it was written by appostates LOL

I know this for a fact. I have used that very book on 'em.

Trust. they run

• Comatose
    Comatose

Matthew 21:1-7 is still hard to understand... Apparently Jesus straddles BOTH a donkey and a colt on his ride into town.

Luke 23:34 has the brackets removed. They removed most brackets a few years ago, but this version takes out ALL brackets. I can't find huge fault with this as it applies to this verse, but I wonder how many places previously had brackets where it would have been nice to know there was a potential issue...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit