Beginning of Electronic Assemblies?

by Fading Begins 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The LDS leads the way, and the WT follows, about ten years later, i.e Family Worship Night.

When will the WT bring out its version of the Magic Underwear ?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

In the next 5 to 20 years, all meetings will be transition to streaming GB brainwashing. Then eventually they may stop physical kingdomhalls and have everyone logon daily for text and meetings into their house. They will be required to have cameras and internet/tv monitoring devices installed so they can track and look in anytime they want to make sure they are behaving. Then all will have been assimilated and 'the borg' is born.

• Mum
    Mum

Oh, my! This could lead to electronic shunning (which, apparently, exists already to some degree)!

How will disfellowshipped people be relegated to "the back of the bus" status?

What about "associating?" Hebrews 10:25, I think.

Can Kool Aid be prepared in cyberspace?

How will they spy on one another?

Will there be cyber JC meetings?

So many things to work out!

• TheListener
    TheListener

Perhaps they'll just add this special weekend event each year to the schedule? So each year there will be a DC, SAD, CA and the AGM. It's a way of getting a few more donations by having an exciting event without requiring the dubs to stay overnight anywhere.

Personally I hope this meeting will replace one day of the DC or CA. Or maybe replace the SAD completely.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

What about electronic field service?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

kiddingme: you can already email people digital copies of literature and count it as a placement.

as for electronic assemblies, it's a definitely possiblity. i think they might use this hardware for more 'special meetings.' It seems like a waste to install all this stuff and only use it two days a year.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

this would work in their favor so as to not have elders give parts at assemblies so they can remain a stupid as the rest of the flock.

• Dagney
    Dagney

i see that as a very possible way to simplify the whole DC process. Taped messages from the GB and bethel speakers could be intermixed with local needs. Can be held in local assembly halls and bypass the big DC venue hassle.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I think the revenue of the rented conventions are falling quickly. I did the accounts for the congregation, RBC and occasional circuit as well and year over year the numbers have been dwindling. The last 3 day convention we counted only $2k for Sunday afternoon which is typically the second largest revenue (Sunday morning-noon is typically the largest) they'll have for the weekend (the events are purported to 'cost' $20k+). Renting a large space like that and only barely covering the costs is murder for a corporation. If they can keep the 2 or 3 day conventions in their "own" buildings, not spend money on sending out guest speakers from HQ nor run the risk of having one of the speakers being a loose cannon (either because he's turned "apostate" or because he says something that gets them into legal trouble)... I mean, it's being done in business all over the world, teleconferencing is a huge cost saver.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit