Beginning of Electronic Assemblies?

by Fading Begins 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

Do you think this could have been an experiment to see how smoothly these events can be processed, and what the reaction is from the rank and file? It would sure save a lot of money if events like this could replace at least the one day circuit assemblies. There has to be some recognition that the "flock" is becoming weary and they don't have the funds to be travelling to these events. Plus everyone is always impressed when they have members of the Governing Body participating.

• designs
    designs

The local brothers are going to resent an Electronic Church' as public speaking was the means to rise in the Org..

• alanv
    alanv

I think the flock have the funds, they are just opposed to spending their hard earned money at Assemblies

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Fading Begins, interesting observation. You may be on to something...

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

If this is the case, they will mention something about the money that the WTBTS is saving the Rank and file from hotel room, eating out etc could be offered

to the WWW via the contribution box at the Hall where the video is being shown.

NJY

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Please correct me if my thinking if off.

Assemblies are prime money making events for the WTBTS, therefore they will never replace them with electroinc events. They view the flock as tight fisted and needing to give more than they do. The WTBTS has no interest in saving the flock's money.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

It could be. I know of one KH in my area that will be "testing" having the Special Assembly Day at their local KH with the three congregations meeting there all attending. This, in spite of the fact that the Assembly Hall is less than 30 minutes away.

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Hey hey, you could be onto something......good point, I agree the local elders who relish in power wont like it. Hahahaha!!!!

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

Bob - I'm curious why you think assemblies are such big money makers for the borg. I know when we went to DC we were less inclined to leave any contributions, as were more interested in leaving asap, and no one new one way or the other. As far as the new releases, they could still do that as they did for this annual meeting. I would think brothers would have more impetus to donate money for the literature at these smaller events as more eyes are watching. I was considering the expense of renting, insurance, liability etc. That would be already covered at Kingdom Hall venues. Interested in your thoughts.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Mormons have been transmitting special speeches from the "prophet" like this for a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit