Newly released New World Translation still full of numerous errors and abuses

by yadda yadda 2 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Warwick is scheduled for completion in 2017. I don't think they are worried about the BIG A.

• zeb
    zeb

Is this being released at the current convention in Australia, anyone know?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Perhaps I should have had a question mark at the end of the title. Any moderator feel free to amend accordingly.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

so which bible is supposed to be used for meetings and when giving talks ?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The new Bible goes into effect immediately for talks and meeting usage. The speaker acknowledged that this means making some short-notice changes to talks that are about to be given.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I'm not surprised at all by that. It's pretty hilarious that we have to use the dumbed down version for everything. Are they preparing a Reference Bible version of this? I ask because I was always 'taught' to use the reference bible for everything as much as possible. This obviously would be a bad idea now since it's all different now.

• tootired2care
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

Honestly, I zoned out when the brother addressed that question on-stage. I'm actually proud I caught as much as I did, given my ADD and the odd way they went about this part of the meeting. They had a slightly weird German brother who suddenly showed up on stage and started talking into a mike. Turns out he was there to ask questions that the speaker would answer; a sort of rehearsed, live FAQ, but I was mostly distracted by the weirdness. There's a pocket-size and large-print version coming out in a few months, but I can't remember what they said about a Reference Bible.

• man oh man
    man oh man

It appears that they have removed all [brackets]

• man oh man
    man oh man

Old version:

(John 19:6) 6 However, when the chief priests and the officers saw him, they shouted, saying: “Impale [him]! Impale [him]!” Pilate said to them: “Take him yourselves and impale him, for I do not find any fault in him. . .

New version:

However, when the cheif priest and the officers saw him, they shouted,"To the stake with him! To the stake with him!" "Take him yourselves and execute him,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit