New Revised NWT Inspection Project

by dontplaceliterature 28 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

There will be an app available for droid, apple and windows users starting Monday at whichever App Store they use, respectively. And the Apple app looks to be the most useful, as far as extending personal Bible reading. The IT guy gave a pretty good presentation.

• WideAwake
    WideAwake

fifty shades of grey areas or fifty shades of darker grey areas?

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks for the photo. It looks like some kind of leatherete binding.

Notice how " New World Translation of the" is in such small print while "Holy Scriptures" stands out.

My guess for the grey cover material? Same as the original green-the society got a good deal on that material so it is less expensive than the Black cover material.

I wonder if it is smoother sounding than the clunkiness of the regular edition.

• TheSophist
    TheSophist

I'm in. I would gladly do a side by side. I call dibs on Zechariah, Amos or John. Or all three if there are not enough to pitch in.

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

I'm down. I want songs of solomon. because boobs.
    But seriously message me if help is needed...

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I was thinking about a human-driven comparison project too, but as has been pointed out, the new Bible will be available shortly in PDF format, so the only smart way to do this is to compare the texts automatically. The current Bible is online here with a PDF download. The Revised PDF will probably be online on Monday.

• Flg8ter
    Flg8ter

Thx Apognophos, I figured I'd better go and download it before it "dissappears" online!!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

So... who has signed up?

I'm game...

So far:

TheSophist

aposta-Z

Anyone else?

Which parts are you willing to compare?

Also, anyone willing to compare at least an entire book in the 4 versions? (1950, 1961, 1984, 2013)?

ILTTATT

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Just FYI, I've started a new thread on the subject of doing this by computer. That way we'll get a precise and complete list of changes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit