AGM is not streamed live, but a download.

by SyntaxError1974 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

DD my guess is internet turned off to make it harder for someone in attendance to stream it.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

the annual meeting has for a long time been the first saturday in october at 10am. The first showing is live. the ones after that are replays.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I want to know what they are telling my family so I can be prepared for their reaction.

Any snippet will be appreciated.

• pronomono
    pronomono

Here's the deal. The first session on Saturday "may" be live. There's a lot of talk about whether or not it will be. I've always heard the meetings took place on Friday, but maybe this year is an exception. The next three sessions cannot be live and have not been advertised as such.

Bobcat is right about the box. http://www.aminocom.com/ That's the link for the box that I've seen our elders talk about. It has no download functionality, only streaming, on the models being sent to the KHs. Someone on here posted a link earlier to a streaming site on jw.org. It may connect to that, but who knows. The boxes that have been sent out are hard wired. Most congregations are running ethernet cable in preparation of this. Some of the less savy ones are running the cables along the floor and covering it with duct tape. Since it is hard-wired and bandwidth doesn't need to be compromised, wireless is being turned off to prevent cell phones, tablets, etc from stealing internet bandwidth and causing problems for the stream. There's going to be a lot of people at these things. Having a hundred extra devices on a home office grade networking equipment would be detrimental to the quality of service.

The big surprise everyone is looking forward to? It's a Bible. You'll have to wait two hours into the program. It'll be announced after song 75, then elders will bum rush everyone to get them out within 5 minutes. Supposedly they will be wrapped in plastic. If you really want to get on their nerves, take the plastic wrapping off before they tell you to.

Sorry to spoil the fun, but the above is fact, as I have no reason to believe the elder would just make this up.. One of our elders accidentally slipped in casual conversation. It was really easy to put the rest of the pieces together after that. His lips were mum after that. I couldn't get him to tell me any more such as what's changed in the bible, such as new version? new name? simplified/children's edition?

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

Well... I stand corrected... I guess the evidence shows its streamed.

Now, how do I change the thread title? :)

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

prono, who told you the annual meetings were on fridays? It's been on saturdays for like at least 30 years. if you don't believe me dig through the old watchtowers that contained the notice of the annual meeting. always a saturday. plus i was at bethel for a few years so i've watched a few of these meetings.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Talking to a Dub who is setting it up for the local KH. It is streamed. They will be getting it at 10:00 am New Zealand time.

New York, Saturday, 5 October 2013 at 5:00 p.m

London, Saturday, 5 October 2013 at 10:00 p.m

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20131006T10&p1=22&p2=179&p3=136

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

It's 7:00 am October 5 in my parts. Jw were instructed to be at the assembly hall by 7:45 so that they can watch the streaming of people in the Jersey City large assembly hall.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Ah SBF, I am old enough to remember that one ;) It appears my own suspicions of anouncing a new Bible, aka revenue enhancer and possible doctrine enhancer, was correct.

If anyone remembers, "Is it memorex, or is it live?" that is the question.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Question:

The Roku (type) box the brothers are using keeps dropping the connection after about 35 minutes. It then reconnects and starts playing the test video from the start.

Is there any fix for that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit