AGM is not streamed live, but a download.

by SyntaxError1974 20 Replies latest jw friends

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

There have been several posts where individuals are asking if it is possible to hack into and watch the AGM as it is streamed to the conventions. I say it is not streamed live like many are assuming, but a recorded download played for the audience.

Why?

A live stream has many possible points of failure. Internet connectivity issues for example. Imagine sitting at the assembly hall and in the middle of the talk ... LOADING..............

At last years "zone meeting" they turned off the projector and had a local brother say prayer. How do they time that perfectly? By hitting the pause button on the recording.

Also, at my assembly hall, there are 4 different time slots. Saturday 10am, Sat 3pm, Sunday 10am, Sunday 3pm. They all can't be live.

My bet is that it is already recorded, or will be recorded first then each assembly will download it before the start of the program.

• designs
    designs

The friends are getting an Edited version?

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

At the least one of them have to be recorded.

How would one know if it is live or not? Would you have to site through at least two of them?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

At the KH near here the brothers are using a Society provided box - quite similar to a Roku box. It has a power plug (of course) and it plugs into the DSL modem for input. The output goes to the big screen TV via HDMI cable. There are no other boxes connected.

When the power to the box is turned on, it automatically connects to the Society's streaming web site and begins showing whatever is streaming from their site. (Tonight it was a tape of the most recent SAD.)

• zeb
    zeb

pre recorded not the first time this has been sold as 'live'.

There have been 'special talks' that 'were not to be missed' and these were live from Sydney all across Australia. No they were not. The 2 hour time difference proved that and one talk was a day behind a 4 day convention so why it wasnt incorporated is anyones guess.

• suavojr
    suavojr

wether it is live or not, they are getting ready to unleash their vomit tomorrow morning.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

If anyone remembers, "Is it memorex, or is it live?" that is the question.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I don't think its being sold as live. Only, liveish. I also doubt it is being censored so would not even ploat that. It only makes sense that it is seen by more people over the weekend. It does the desired effect of getting everyone on message at the same moment.

I do wish we could get it unfiltered. I don't mind peoples notes, but I wouldrather see it unfiltered and draw my own conclusions. Hmmmmm....maybe a transcript?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It was announced that during the AGM, the wireless service would be shut-down at the KH. If it was being streamed, that would make no sense. It make even less sense if it's already downloaded. Perhaps they download it before each session, and delete it after to prevent copies from going public. It confuses me.

• ZuluTime
    ZuluTime

Does this remind anyone of the method used to control the masses in 1984? Big Brother on the telescreen looming over everyone? The control makes me sick to my stomach. A few years back, my mom was invited to the annual meeting by a BIG WIG at our local Bethel. He invited me also, but when she told him that I was on reproof, he told her that it was only for those in good standing.....wow...now everyone can come to our special propaganda party, thanks for the invite but I will respectfully decline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit