non-jw's please check in here

by dungbeetle 33 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

I too would like to say thanks to those who never were JWs.I was one for over 20 yrs. Would have died for them-made 10 people JWs.
    Those of you who never were- now know what to say when they come to your door- instead of getting what I mostly got!!SLAM!!!!!
    http://www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.htm

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hi Dungbeetle

Thankyou very much for your kind words,i do not post very often but i do call by now and again,i am here because my eldest son and his family are witnesses,i have learned quite alot here, i know some of you are hurting and i see a lot of understanding and love around on this site and i am drawn to kind and understanding people.

HANDS THAT HELP ARE HOLIER THAN LIPS THAT PRAY

• butalbee
    butalbee

Hey, I'd rather pick fleas off a monkey's ass than ever become a dub. I am not an apostate, I am an opposer!

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

I too have never been a JW and never will be.
    This site was recommended to me by a good friend who was a dub,the reason being that I grew up in a fairly rigid religious environment(father a vicar),so I do have an understanding of what it is like to be viewed by people as something different.
    Like many people whose posts I have enjoyed reading,it took me a long time to break away from what had been programmed into me and find my own individuality,and be accepted as a person and not 'the vicars son',so we do have something in common.

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

I guess I'll pipe up and say that I'm not, have never been and will never be a JW (at least not without a severe blow to the head, afterwhich I won't be responsible for my actions and quite possibly my bodily functions).

I was dragged into the world of Dubdumb by my wife, who after we married decided to return to the womb so-to-speak. Since then, I've had my eyes opened to all things cult, thanks to people like Simon, Rick (of H2O), Randy Watters, and the many erudite posters such as Farkel, Amazing, Alan F, Duncan, Maximus, Jan H, Hawkaw, Randy, and on and on. Sorry if I can't remember everyone offhand, but there have been many. Many thanks to those who've also spent the time to chat, to enlighten, to explain, to dialogue and to comfort as well. You are many as well.

CPiolo

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Gee, the title of the post scared me. I thought you were going to ZAP all the non-JW's, or make them join the JW's and then DA themselves to make them 'official' WHEW. I tremendously enjoy this board's comments on a variety of topics. I originally came here to try and figure out a JW friend...thanks to this board, most things have been explained. You're a GREAT group!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Sorry, didn't mean to scare anybody. I just think the non-JW's (sorry about what seems like 'labeling') are the most undercredited group on this board, and it definitely would NOT be the same without all of you.

Bless you all and stick around.

(Barry, sorry for leaving your name off in the original post. You bring a wonderful quality to the chat. many times I've gone in there just because I see your name on the 'chat' list)

• imissthedub
    imissthedub

Hi and thanks Dungbeetle for showing me this thread.

I have never been JW and the reason I came here is too find out more since I was considering it. I agree with Celia, Concernedmama and Detective.....and thanks to all of you who have gone thru so much and shared it with us so that we know.

• 4christ
    4christ

Hello. Never-been-a-JW checking in! (no cheering, please) ;)

My mother was a study for several years when I was a kid. I also have a friend who is in but have not talked to him in along time.
    There was a time I thought they might be right....thanks in large part to this forum, I am completely cured of that notion :) That and some Bible reading.....

This board has taught me a lot about JW's beliefs and people in general. I appreciate the diversity of the posters here (even the ones I disagree with) and haven't seen another board I like quite as well. The conversations are usuallyspirited and interesting.

tHe thing that amazes me is how MANY problematic issues are so very prevelant in the JW's. Several of the issues have grazed my life and my families lives, I say that because after reading what alot of people around here have been through, my own experiences and those of my family are minor troubles. My mother was not treated very wellin her experiences with the witnesses. She was shunned after visiting a baptist church, which really hurt her feelings and made her cry. She was actually waiting to be picked up to go to kingdom hall, and they never showed up, left her waiting. After that, she STILL wanted to
    stdy with them! My mother struggled over whether to take blood when she was going through her cancer treatments. She did take the blood and she was better for awhile but then the cancer spread and she died. After she died, my brother secretly studied with the JWs, secretly becuase my father and grandmother were already convinced it was a cult and after the way they mistreated my mother, they wanted the family to stay away from them.Eventually, he DA'ed himself with a letter and since then , when a witness sees him on the street, he is shunned. Well one person said hi briefly to him several years after.

Also, I am another kind of silentlamb. Not a Jehovahs Witness silentlamb but molested and silenced nonetheless. I was told if what I was saying was true, I would be taken away from my home and family
    and put in a foster home, so I said it wasnt true. but it was. I was 8 years old. what happened to me was not nearly as bad as what some of you have endured. I cried when I watched Dateline :( How can they do that? They should not get away with it anymore! Its the double talk and the way things are worded, they(Watchtower) are so...whats the word.....underhanded.....sneaky.......doubletalkin'.....It was said, many dont realize, and thats true. It takes alot of research to get to the bottom of the Watchtower.

Many thanks for this forum,peace and good tidings to all, JW, exJW, and nonJW alike!
    -Lauren

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm a NJW. Never been one, NEVER will be.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit