non-jw's please check in here

by dungbeetle 33 Replies latest jw friends

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Thanks, dungbeetle, what a nice thing to say. I don't think I would have had any comprehension of the fascinating, scary inner JW world, if not for this board. I am a pleased to forever remain a member of the NJW club. I agree, there are wonderful people on this forum, and really great help when you have computer problems.

concerned mama

edited becasue I never get it right the first time

• detective
    detective

I can't believe how much I've learned since I began investigating this group a little over a year ago. I'm a little embarassed about how long it took me before I finally got so baffled by witness behaviors and ideas that I finally started to poke around. I guess I just know people who are pretty darn good at leading double lives.

It never ceases to amaze me how bloated a self-image the organization promotes. It's true that most outsiders have little to no knowledge of the organization. I was one of those people. If I hadn't been drawn into the warped little world of this group- even in the peripheral sense that I was- I probably would still be one of those people saying, "aren't jehovah's witnesses those people with the briefcases and no appreciation of a good cake with candles?" Okay, maybe I wouldn't have been quite that bad, but I certainly didn't know much at all about them.

I'm indebted to all the people who went through such turmoil and still found the strength to share their stories, start websites devoted to informing the public and the endless hours of documentation and researching that others put in (making my researching much easier to do).

And, as an added bonus, I get to check out some very interesting spiritual/biblical conversations. I've always been fascinated by religionism and faith issues. I like people who not only encourage me to think, but expect me to.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Dungbeetle.

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Not a JW but I considered it once. I'm glad I followed my head and not my heart. I came here to learn what would make someone leave such a "wonderful organization" and I found the strength to deal with a lot of issues that had bothered me for years. I stay because - I'm completely addicted to the diversity of discussion and in the hope I can help someone who is in the same position I was in.

Silverleaf

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

I am posting here not because I wish to "take a very well-deserved bow and get a very well-deserved hand from me and from others" but because the subject reads "non-jw's please check in here".

Sucky checking in.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

detective, you really hit the nail on the head. It was the double life, and things not adding up that made me curious enough to look into JW. You are so correct, that very few outsiders have any idea what being a JW is all about, and the really horrible way that they treat each other unless they toe the line.

• jerome
    jerome

Not exactly here to take a bow either but i gotta say thanks to all the webmasters like Bill Bowen, Kent and Randall.

I would NEVER had known what I know about tham if it hadent been for people like them.

They have a way of keeping so much from you that you would never xpect that they were capable of what they are.

No one I know will ever become a JW unless Jesus himself appears to me and tells me that they are preaching the truth.

Now that I know that this site is being monitered by the brooklyand head quarters I will be extra carefull about what I say. Not like i gave out any detailed info over the internet anyways.

I hope one day to findout what exactly makes them become the kind of people that they are but untill then I am baffeled by their hypocrisy.

This site is throughally addictive though so i'll have to slowly break this habbit as I am really busy.

This site has saved at least 5 lives in my case alone (in terms of people never becoming invloved) and cost the Watchtower at least some chum cahnge as no one I know will ever buy any books from them.

keep the place alive.

jerome

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

hello dungbettle
    i'm the one who lives up the road you don't want to meet.

ok am i clapping or bowing?[8>]
    was in
    was out was in again
    have been out now for 3 years.
    have no plans on goung back.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/home.html

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

non-JW YOU HAD AND HAVE IT damned good...i am one THAT spent it inside the WT ORG WITH some real VILLAGE IDIOTS -- AND NOW MUST C O P E with MY insanities ONE DAY AT A TIME.. My shrink SAYS there is no pill invented just must deal with reality as it is..DO NOT SEE HIM FOR ANOTHER 4 MONTHS better than having to see one every week if YOU know what I mean and I think you do AND I DO NOT NEED TO DRAW A PICTURE!!!

• sf
    sf

"DO NOT SEE HIM FOR ANOTHER 4 MONTHS better than having to see one every week if YOU know what I mean and I think you do AND I DO NOT NEED TO DRAW A PICTURE!!!"

Hahahahaha!

sKally, no krayons klass

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

“What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”(5/15/02 WT magazine, pg. 27)

• sf
    sf

Linda, do you, uh, yahoo?

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit