upstate New York

by bonnie38 106 Replies latest jw experiences

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Dazed, you knew some people from the Ogdensburg Congregation. Remember those tall mormon looking guys that used to come down and hang out with you guys? They were from Ogdnesburg, and everyone always joked about how small and remote that area was......that was in the early to mid-80's

Saratoga Springs, New York
    Congregation Refugee

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Upstate New York seems like the longest thread in this subject line. Is that because we had more problems than anyone else, more people, what is it?

I am just curious, but I have always thought that the Saratoga, and north congregations had some outragious unbelievable trouble, and always wondered if it was that way everywhere.

Saratoga Springs, New York
    Congregation Refugee

• chillyrodent
    chillyrodent

Fingerlakes Region here. My poor son is being dragged (not quietly, mind you) to the Henrietta Assembly Hall tomorrow.

• tinman72
    tinman72

WOW, have I been waiting for this thread! I've been out of the "society", for about 10 years(TEN FRICKIN' YEARS!). Desperately seeking true friends that can identify with what I went through growing up. Currently living in the Pulaski area (No mans land). Anyone interested in getting to know me, feel free to email. [email protected] And yes, I was born in 72! P.S. Hey RevMalk, what's with calling people "moron looking guys"! I was one of those guys... ;)

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

hehe, tinman...he typed "mormon". Were you from Ogdensburg (sp)?

• tinman72
    tinman72

Whoops! meant "mormon". honest! Was I from Ogdensburg, you ask Dazed? I'd rather not get too specific about the congregations I've been in, but I was in fact one of those "tall mormon looking guys". We young "brothers" used to well-travel the state looking for marriage mates! LOL
    But in the end, we always wound up playing basketball! One of those my congregation vs. your congregation things...

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Haha, Yes "MORMON" Looking guys (Not that there's anything wrong with that

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

tinman72, contact me. It appears (if the years are right) that we know each other. [email protected]

• els
    els

I grew up in Granville, NY. About 15 miles east from Glens Falls. We were in a different circuit I think. Usually tied in with Vermont. I did know some Glens Falls people though. My oldest sister married Spencer Winterburn. He is Sherry Innes' son, she's a little English lady, one of the annoited. I definately remember Dave Tennent. Any one remember Ted Degroff or Art Pagonis? Reply here or email me.

els

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Sherry Innes...hmmm? Did she by any chance marry Br. Morehouse from Glens Falls later in life?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit