Hello, I'm new

by Glory 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Hi Glory, and Lastcall. Welcome to you both. Lastcall I remember when I let my daughter attend her first B/party. She was 3 and we'd stopped meetings a few months earlier. Now she's 25 and an intern doctor. My how time flys when you're having fun.

Glory, I suppose I do think about whether there is a God or not. I guess we are so limited by what we've been conditioned to believe. I've been disfellowshipped since 1981 for apostasy, and I've still not reached any conclusions. I err on the side of caution. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" sorta thing.

I get a lot of pleasure out of listening to the viewpoints here. Though mostly we laugh at our own foolishness for what we believed as a JW.

anyway enjoy the ride
    marilyn

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Welcome, Glory. Like many others, I believe strongly in God, but cannot stand religion, any of them. As far as I am comcerned, they are all man made and mind controlling cults. It's just that some, like the Watchtower, are worse than others.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf
    I'm disfellowshipped.

Well BLOW ME DOWN! Another one? What did you DO? I suppose you'll answer "nothing". Well, blow me down!

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Lefty
    Lefty
    Like many others, I believe strongly in God

Hey DakotaRed, this is Yadirf. Tell the little disfellowshipped lady whether or not you accept the Bible as an authority in your life. Why don't you do THAT, eh?

• anewlife
    anewlife

Hello Glory and Lastcall: I'm new as well. I was DF'd two years ago. Since that time a friend from work invited me to her church. It was wonderful! I continued going every Sunday for about 4 months. The minister read straight from the bible going over a chapter at a time. Then they'd sing and it was straight from the heart with such warmth from everyone. I stopped going because I simply got busy with other things. (You know, trying to do so much to make up for the time lost being a JW!) I feel I need a spiritual connection and I still believe in God. Someday I may go back, but will make sure it's something "I" WANT TO DO and not something someone else tells me I have to do. Welcome!

Still searching for.... anewlife

• Lefty
    Lefty

anewlife

I'm new as well. I was DF'd two years ago.
    You WERE? WHAT did you do to deserve that, pray tell?

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome, Glory!

Don't pay no never mind to Yadirf, he's our resident judgmental meanie! Doesn't understand grace, mercy or forgiveness as far as I can see. Sorta like the Watchtower Society if you're not putting in 10+ hrs/month and bowing to the "servants". LOL

I don't have a religion any more. I spent some time post-DAing at a non-denominational Christian Church which I consider to have been a necessary step in my deprogramming. Now I'm totally perplexed as to what to believe. Like you, I feel like I should be doing SOMETHING formal to acknowledge the Supreme One, whatever S/He may be. At Easter time this year, I went through the Holy Thursday-Easter Sunrise tradition that I knew as a child to honor Jesus and to see if a return to orthodox Christian worship would feel right to me. Well, it didn't feel wrong -- it was familiar, after all -- but it didn't satisfy me, either.

Again, welcome to the board (from one "Chickadee" to another )!

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• Lefty
    Lefty

outnfree

Like you, I feel like I should be doing SOMETHING formal to acknowledge the Supreme One, whatever S/He may be.
    Great admission there, outnfree! I hope that one of these days you'll learn whether God is a He or a She. Great admission, I say!

You're bound to be of great assistance to the newcomers here!

Yadirf,
    laughing his ass off!

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Hello Glory,

Welcome to this lovely forum

-Rick

• dmouse
    dmouse

Welcome Glory, and other newbies.
    I agree with William: 'One can be a spiritual person without religion.'
    I am a much more spiritual and nicer person since I stopped being religious. Without religion you can be free to explore your own spirituality, and maybe find God in your own way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit