Hello, I'm new

by Glory 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Glory, glad to meet you. No other religious affiliation here.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Hello Glory. It took me 12 years to find another belief system. I'm Wiccan but I would not encourage you to jump into any religion right away. Also, your sister is correct as this seems to be a good place to be free from judgement.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• Xena
    Xena

Hello Glory I am not affiliated with any churches. I consider myself agnostic when I think about God at all....someday I might look deeper but for now I am content to just drift and hope...

• Glory
    Glory

I think about God a lot. I wonder if he's there and if I should do something about it. My sister and I talk about this a lot and she feels like there is some sort of God and it has nothing to do with Church or religion, but I feel like I should do something. Maybe it's because I was so used to meetings and structure... I'm not real sure how I feel to be honest about it. Sounds nuts huh?

• seven006
    seven006

Glory,

Welcome to the board.

After leaving the JW's I joined the church of raising hell. I chased women, drank like a fish and tooted my little nose off for a few years. Then I found a good pair of reading glasses and began to figure it all out.

Now I am just a Dave.

Have fun and don't take everything so serious around here. Most of us are still a little crazy and we like it that way.

Take care,

Dave

• Glory
    Glory

Okay Dave - thanks!

I need to loosen up huh? (I have heard that before).

• lastcall
    lastcall

Hello Glory, I'm new too, this place is cool. Alot of different points a view. To think that at one time we were all "unified in belief" ..hard to believe. I'm not affilliated or looking for any religion. Still trying to sort it all out. My kids recently attended ther first B-day party. They are adjusting well, better than me prolly. Anyway, looking forward to more posts. Nice pic.

• Beans
    Beans

Congratulations on your Disfellowshipping and welcome! We love people who were ousted, your a Hero around here!

Beans

Check out http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com/

• bonnie38
    bonnie38

Hi Glory!
    I was disfellowshipped 5 years ago. I do believe in God; I do not believe that a person needs to be associated with any particular organization for God's approval. I believe that a personal relationaship with God is the important thing. I'm still working on it.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Glory, Glory, hallalijah!! And welcome welcome welcome.
    Nice to meet ya. I'm the cat that is the orangefatcat. Some other cats here too. Enjoy, we are all a cool breed here.

That is dogs and horses and lizards and Little Toe and Mr. Moe.!!
    Flower and heaven and joy to be and cats and rats and elephants and even a unicorn.
    Some of us are loonie toonie and mr. moonie. Grab a seat have a treat. Welcome to this group!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit