Could we be living in the last days?

by LyinEyes 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

But... inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

• SYN
    SYN

LOL @ Bang, yeah, looks like they did. Hell, I even get a little twinge of "Armageddon Angst" every now and again. In fact, I got a PRETTY BIG twinge on Sept. 11 last year!!!!

LyinEyes: So it's all doom & gloom? Right...one of the biggest problems facing humanity right now is the fact that there are some REAL ASS-CLOWNS sitting with their fingers on the Big Red Button. You know, the one at the White House that Bush will press if he stops liking Russia. If anybody presses the Big Red Button, I don't see how even Jehovah the Almighty can stop what follows, honestly. Hell, even Isreal has enough nuclear weapons to exterminate all of mankind quite quickly! And look how small that country is! Get realistic, and stop subscribing to superstition when there are REAL PROBLEMS.

Every religion is the One True Religion.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I always figured that when we took "in God we trust" off the money, then we were not long for big trouble.

The motto only appeared on US coins in 1909, and on the first notes in 1956. The world did not improve noticeably as a result.

--
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

• Carmel
    Carmel

The "end" came! Sorry you missed it.

Set er up bar tender.

carm

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I missed it?!? Damn! [Looking for the Replay Button]

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• JeffT
    JeffT

If you get hit by a bus tomorrow, from your perspective the world will have ended.

• zanex
    zanex

only occaisionaly do I ever think that but on those few times I look at my baby girl and think about her grin and the "last days" slowly fade away...I wonder sometimes if she is more powerful than ANY threat of "armageddon" I have ENUFF to worry about in any given week..

• musky
    musky

oldhippie, you don't get it. Bad things that involve the entire world could very well start in just a small part of it.

funkyderek, I did not say that things were better before "in God we trust" was on the money. Simply,What I meant was that when we lose our respect for God to that extent , then I feel things will get worse fast.

sheeesh guys , give me a break. I almost can't stand to post anymore. always some post in return that seems to jump all over what i write. JUST MY THOUGHTS . Who can foretell the future??

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I always figured that when we took "in God we trust" off the money

I just looked at my shiny new quarter and it still has IN GOOD WE TRUST....whew...that was a close one.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

correction: my quarter says "IN GOD WE TRUST" (the nickel says GOOD)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit