Could we be living in the last days?

by LyinEyes 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am wondering , with the world situation that way it is, could we be living in the last days? Putting religion, and personal beliefs aside, are we are the brink of all of this coming to an end? Geneocide, could happen because of what mankind is doing to the earth. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or has anyone read any new scientific evidence about how long they predict this earth has?
    Even thou , i dont agree with most things the JW teach , I can'tshake the feeling that it will end in some way, maybe not soon, but in my
    childrens adulthood.

• Bang
    Bang

Boy, they really got to you didn't they.

• musky
    musky

I think the end can come at any time. A brother I studied with in 1983 said the end would come in 5 years or less hopefully. I used to think that I would not finish school because armageddon was just around the corner. I learned that no one can predict the end. I do think we are in bad times now. God is being kicked out of our lives. Everyone wants to deny God for some reason. I think times can get a lot tougher though. I always figured that when we took "in God we trust" off the money, then we were not long for big trouble.

The end could come tomorrow, or not even in our lifetimes musky

• Bang
    Bang

or not even in our lifetimes

Like that would be a suprise?

Boy, they really got to you too.
    How do people manage to savage one anothers' existence like that?

I always figured that when we took "in God we trust" off the money, then we were not long for big trouble.

Who do you mean? Northern Americans?

Bang

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Is this the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

• musky
    musky

bang, united states money

• Tammie
    Tammie

Sure we are in the last days. But I really think the JWs will be in for a BIG shock on the out come.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

According to the bible and Jesus, the "last days" occurred "before [his] generation" passed away - Matt. 24:34

This is known because Jesus said: "Truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." - Matt. 16:28

If you ask me, Jesus was a false prophet because none of that happened. He must have been smoking some bad $#!+.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

If North Americans are in big trouble because that minority took "In God We Trust" off their money, then at least the rest of us, the great majority, will have more space.
    One nation removing some words = the end is near. Wow! Are we getting rather shortsighted!
    If you ask me, and there is no reason why you should, pollution, water shortage and an angry poor majority mixing anger with political-religious extremism will if not bring about an end, then at least living conditions so different, so radically changed, so void of animals and "nature" that it is as close to the end as you might come. Living in a desert, sort of.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

La la la the end is coming the end is coming! Boy, people need to get off of this and get on with living, since IF (a big IF) some sky-daddy's going to come down here and have at us, there's not much we can do about it. And IF mankind destroys himself w/ (pick one) nuclear, biological, chemical, etc weapons, polution, whatever, then again, there's not much we as an individual can do (beyond being considerate as possible to the environment). So why waste your life w/ worry, unless you are in a position to DO SOMETHING? If you are not, stop fretting about it.

It's about as pointless as fretting about BigFoot smashing into your house at night, little green men abducting you for an anal probe, or a rock falling out of the sky on your head. All of those COULD happen ... so better start worrying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit