Hubby's going to the big meeting instead of celebrating our anniversary

by KariOtt 46 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I googled Gatlinberg. Looks lovely.

• carla
  • Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

That is awesome! JWs can be seriously brainwashed. A few years back my husband felt like he should go to the assembly even though my Grandpa was dying. I asked him why wouldn't he stay and support me, and thankfully he realized what was truly important (not the assembly!). JWs have a bunch of "shoulds" they feel are necessary to keep up appearances. It is nice your husband can be balanced.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

yay Kari!:)

Jgnat, this is the perfect time of year to go there. The colors are changing, the government didn't close down the main road through the state park mountians into NC because it is so heavily used ( at least they left THAT one alone!)

Actually I'm surpised he found anyplace available there this time of year!

• losingit
    losingit

All of this drama when you could have asked him to do that from the beginning, instead of calling him an asshole.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Losingit???? and what is your problem tonight? Your acting like a Whole hole?..... Jerk. Lighten up, it's Friday, and nearly Christmas.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

That's good news, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

• losingit
    losingit

Jake... I'll tell you what my problem is. I came from her mentality where being a submissive wife was the ideal I lived by. The man may suck in that he made other plans for their anniversary night-- but did she not know the man she married?Really? He was supposed to miss a meeting for her when it was clear from the get-go that he's a jw? She has to work with what she's got. And that means making other arrangements for their anniversary on a day or weekend other than their anniversary. This is the life she chose. He did not hide who he was. Then she wants to complain, get a sympathy party, THEN suggest to hubby another night? He got up quick to please her. Found a nice spot apparently. Give me a break. Could've saved everybody's breath on this forum by asking to celebrate on another night. She knew who she married. Just dumb.

• jgnat
    jgnat

From what I understood, he was a lapsed JW for the first six years of their marriage. This is a lot for this woman to adjust to. Heck, she adjusted to serial cheating. Perhaps she will learn to "cope" with this too.

• losingit
    losingit

Well, if that's the case jgnat, then I guess I'm being harsh. I personally didn't like the fact that she called him.an a--hole when she could've asked for another time to celebrate. I understand feeling hurt. I really do. I've been through a lot of craziness these past 2years with my own soon to be ex. But when you're still married and trying to stay married... and he makes plans like that.... well, even with his cult persona, the man is trying. i just think she needs to take a step back and evaluate what she's trying to accomplish in her life and marriage. Hopefully calling your husband an asshole, one that tries --makes an effort, is not what she's working towards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit