You Can't Ignore Fiscal Responsibilities!!!

by minimus 45 Replies latest social current

• minimus
    minimus

Agreed, Dogonne with the collective list.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Are you guys in Canada? I kow there are people who benefit from Government programs in the U.S. I just wish things were better. I also wish the Government would tax all religions who don't really perform charitable works. Giving out Bibles is fine, feeding people and then giving out Bibles is better. There needs to be some accountability. Sorry if I went off topic too much.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Right on Simon. Totally ADD

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

What is the % rate of taxation in the USA?

• Glander
    Glander

The smaller the unit (States should be the biggest) the better it functions in a healthy way. The Federal level was seen by the founding fathers as a limited form of coordination for Justice, National Defense and representation of the people through their state representatives. It's called the constitution. It works well when respected and upheld.

Without vigilance, the cancer of corruption takes hold the more the states are controlled by the Federal Gov.

The Constitution then becomes a nuisance to the aims of big government.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

"the next generation can do better."

Will the next generation do better if it's up to them to pay off the US Government's credit card balance (aka the National Debt) becuase our current government spends more then it takes in tax revenue?

"what's the percent rate in the us?"

It varies and depends on the transaction. Companies and individuals pay about a 30-35%ish income taxes at the top tiers (it's a graduated system) and 6-8% state income . Then, there's 15% social security taxes. Oh, and about 6-8% sales taxes in most states. Property taxes of about $1000 per $100,000 in value across the US (can vary greatly in locality). Gas & excise taexes (per gallon, hitting the poor super hard).

But, the percentage of taxes is a side show. That would be relevant if the government's spending was from tax revenues. Government spending is now based on borrowing. Government is living off its credit card limit. Taxed all the wealthy 100% and it would not pay down the debt or finance the federal government for long.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It started when somebody in government one day thought, wow, all this money going into taxes to be spent for certain things. Hey, I should setup some companies and all this money can be paid to me through my companies!!!

Then some caught on and instead of objecting, they thought, hmmm I can turn this guy in, or I can do the same. We can scratch eachothers backs!

Then they realized the game was over if they got out of office and since there was a limit how long they could be in office, they thought....okay, we need to bring in partners and make sure they get in, so they started contributing huge sums of money to make sure their man got the exposure and got in.

As time went on, more and more companies and partners were added, they eventually owned the news agency's, pharmacy, insurance, banking, and military complex, and big oil.

As time went on they also made sure their inside men ran the regulations and wrote the laws.

At some point, some genius thought it would be a good idea to have everything made in china and all of that extra money for selling the items at the same price. Then suddenly everyone else did that as well.

However they were too stupid to realize that the cycle did still rely on getting tax money from US citizens and if sending all the work overseas put many out of work, unless something else came to replace them being able to get an income which can be taxed and keep the system going, there was going to be a problem down the road.

When enough money was not longer there to cover everything including all their friends in military, etc, they first started to cut all the programs and benefits for the citizens that wouldn't hurt their wallets, public benefits, parks, etc. Their military friends were told they would not get a cut, but they wouldn't get a raise either since money wasn't coming in, but the military friends were outraged, they want an increase every year!

With no money coming in, the next idea is to try another tax. Knowing that millions of citizens can't afford $300 a month for insurance that will only give them 60% coverage, they could issue penalties. They know a certain amount will pay $500/$1000, $2000 etc because they just don't have money for the alternative, and that would fill their coffers a bit more.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

End - Love it!

I was at the hospital today (sick kid), talking with the intake person who handled insurance. We discussed the new insurance exchanges. She summed it up well. She said, "Basically, you are paying for insurance, to not really have insurance becuase the deductible and co-pays are too high. But, it makes people feel good that they 'have insurance.'"

So, you need to add that the insurance companies got together to write a health insurance law becuase with everyone losing their job to China, only some had good insurance. So, the insurance companies made it to where everyone had insurance, but the fine print made the out-of-pocket costs so high that people were afraid to go to the doctor. Because, that is what is going to happen.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Insurance is such a huge scam!!!

Here are some real numbers from my own insurance claims......

Lab test $555.00 Insurance pays $25 You may owe $50. (copay)

That example alone, if I didn't have insurance, it would cost $555, but with the insurance, they only pay $25 and I pay $50, so the lab company accepted $75.00 TOTAL but if I didn't have insurance it would have cost $555?!

Or a doctor visit......

Doc visit $295. Insurance pays $15 You may owe $40 (copay)

So for a 10 minute doctor visit, WITH insurance I pay 40 copay and insurance pays $15, they accept $55 total for a 10 minute visit. But if didn't have insurance it would of cost $295??

TERMINATE the entire insurance industry and it will cost less paying for your own services then it cost paying for insurance and for the pocket change they pay in addition to your copays with their rate.

• jgnat
    jgnat

One way to compare taxes from country to country, is to work out your Tax Freedom Day. In the US it is April 13. In Canada it's June 6. Generally speaking, Canadians are much more tolerant of big government and big business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit