You Can't Ignore Fiscal Responsibilities!!!

by minimus 45 Replies latest social current

• minimus
    minimus

There's just so much $$$ that people have.

The Obama government continues to ignore simple mathematics, and you can't just keep adding taxes and increase fees and simply believe that everyone with a brain will think it's lovely.

• sir82
    sir82

It started with Obama?

• minimus
    minimus

It started with George Washington.

Still, smartass, you can't disagree.

• DogGone
    DogGone

A study out of the U of Viginia disagrees with you, Minimus.

Consistent with Rawls’s theory of justice, our results showed that progressive taxation was positively associated with the subjective well-being of nations. However, the overall tax rate and government spending were not associated with the subjective well-being of nations. Furthermore, controlling for the wealth of nations and income inequality, we found that respondents living in a nation with more-progressive taxation evaluated their lives as closer to the best possible life and reported having more positive and less negative daily experiences than did respondents living in a nation with less-progressive taxation. Finally, we found that the association between more-progressive taxation and higher levels of subjective well-being was mediated by citizens’ satisfaction with public goods, such as education and public transportation.

re:http://pss.sagepub.com/content/23/1/86.abstract

I'm very heavily taxed in Canada, I'm happy as can be with what I get. I'm voting for a municiple government that will keep raising taxes this fall because I'm looking forward to more services and infrastructure.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I agree.

It started way back in the past, when the first dude got the idea to "protect" other dudes from the dangers of life. That smart dude got paid in food or women for protecting the village. It has never stopped. It may reach critical mass in our lifetime, maybe not. If the Federal Government shuts down ..LOL!!!, then the State Governments will take over. Our private military groups will serve who ever is paying them and whatever happens, happens.

Federal Government, [ hands on hips ], " HEY!... I am super serious this time!! I mean it!! I am gonna shut down and you can't buy stuff on EBAY! Are YOU listening to me?!? I am gonna count... 1...2..."

DD

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Sure you can minimus, you can shove them other people to worry about. I have irresponsible relatives that do that all the time. I have a sister and nephew that is always in a bind since they can't manage their lives and they eventually have my mother to bail them out. Not only do they drain my mother financially they manage to live on government handouts since they know how to work the system instead of trying to better their lives through self improvement.

LRG

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

DOGGONE,

You say that now. Wait until you can't pay your bills or buy groceries.

Chinese proverb: " A full belly cannot believe such a thing as hunger exists."

• minimus
    minimus

Dog, tell that "study" to the people who are sick of being taxed to death. I'm sure they will be very encouraged.

• hoser
    hoser

I'm happy to pay my taxes. Lots of benefits. Safe neighborhood, paved roads to drive on, a health care system, clean water to drink, garbage pick up.

The way I look at it is the taxes that I pay allow me to earn a living and hopefully contribute enough to this society so that the next generation(non-overlapping) can do better.

hoser

• DogGone
    DogGone

I don't have to wait, Data-Dog. I was raised by a single mom and we had absolutely no disposable income. It was life in a mobile home, eating frozen french fries, and drinking powdered milk. This was the late 80's... not a long time ago. Although I was envious of my friends who went on an actual vacation I was never without healthcare and education. I was able to get a bit of an education and work my way up. Was actually able to take a trip on an airplane when I was in my 20's!

Now that I'm successful, I'm happy to have my taxes help others who are where I was. In fact, I volunteer to help raise money for charities to further help disadvantaged children.

You seem to confuse "progressive taxation" with taxing the poor to starvation. It is the opposite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit