You Can't Ignore Fiscal Responsibilities!!!

by minimus 45 Replies latest social current

• DogGone
    DogGone

Hoser - well said.

• minimus
    minimus

No one is suggesting that taxes should never be imposed. The government, like all of us individually, HAVE to live within our means. The gov't is out of control.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Dog, tell that "study" to the people who are sick of being taxed to death. I'm sure they will be very encouraged.

Who exactly are these people Min?

• Simon
    Simon

Min: If it bothers you so much then why do you keep voting for the people who cause you to need to pay more taxes?

Simply stop the rich and wealthy people and corporations being able to avoid so many taxes and get so many breaks and pay a fair share.

Sorry, I thought everyone had caught up with the idea that RayGun-omics son't work by now. I guess you are one of the last hold-outs.

Good for you, keep the faith buddy.

• Simon
    Simon

The gov't is out of control.

I think you mean "was" out of control.

But it's OK, Republicans aren't the government anymore and likely won't get chance to try and drive the train off the rails for a good while to some once you get past their current attempt.

• DogGone
    DogGone

Minimus,

I agree with you, the American fiscal situation is pretty bad. Healthcare is a big part of that (with or without the ACA). It has been worse in the past, though, and I really think it will turn around. Recently some big steps were made to raise revenues and reduce expenses (thanks to the brinkmanship in 2011/2012). I actually think America will get it together in time.

Now, what is scary for me is where individuals in America have deleveraged themselves over the last 5 years, individuals in Canada have been steadily borrowing more and more.

• HBH
    HBH

Ah, but you can in a system where debit IS money. Consider Japan, they are over a quadrillian yen in debit. Even if you paid that back at 1 yen per second, it would take over 33 million years. These debits will never be repaid.

• minimus
    minimus

SHOTS WERE FIRED AT THE CAPITOL! BREAKING NEWS!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

It's the Republican's fault, I think.

• Glander
    Glander

A lot of the equasion is determined by the ratio of producer to consumer. Don't overlook the discouragement effect on the producers, nor an unhealthy entitlement attitude developed by several generations of consumers.

There has to be a balance between the pullers and the riders -

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit