Is it VITAL that we recognize the faithful slave?

by Trevor Scott 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Faithful Witness:

Nice work. No reference to "the slave" or any other intermediary in those "supporting" verses.

Two verses - one about JESUS, one about JEHOVAH - and the Society offers them as support for their claim that it is VITAL to recognize..... not Jesus, not Jehovah, but THE GOVERNING BODY.

The only way these verses can support the Society's claim is if the Governing Body is some sort of a mandatory mediator/intermediary between the common folk and Jesus/God.

• designs
    designs

Trevor- If you can't keep up with jehovah's chariot get off the damn bus

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

I guess we are under new rules. New truth. Since THESE guys are speaking for God, then we can trust them this time. I mean, it is vital. -FW

It's the same ole same ole. They insinuate and obviously have the intention to send the messages -

We speak for God

You can't get to God except through us

but they don't specifically state it. That way they can deny it later and blame the reader/follower for jumping to conclusions or reading into their words what what "never intended".

Deceitful manipulation.

-TTATTelder

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

designs - I tried keeping up, but I just kept running ahead!

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

TTATTelder, so true. They've been perfecting that system for decades.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Is it VITAL that we recognize the faithful slave?

No, but it is vital that we be the good and faithful slave.

• Joliette
    Joliette

No. But its vital for the watchtower to keep this wack ass parable/teaching going so they can keep their pockets a ching a ling.

• Londo111
  • Island Man
    Island Man

Well according to paragraph 21, page 178-180 of the "Jeremiah book" which was studied this week at the CBS it isn't vital at all:

A significant aspect of the new covenant is this: "I will put my law within them, and in their heart I shall write it. And I will become their God, . . . And they will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, 'Know Jehovah!' for they will all of them know me." (Jer. 31:33, 34) The anointed on earth today have shown that they have God's law within them. They love the truths found in it, rather than relying on the teachings of any human. And they have happily shared Bible knowledge with those forming the great crowd. Thus, these with an earthly hope have also come to know and love Jehovah. They willingly submit to his direction and trust in his promises. You probably fit that description. You know him as a Person and have a personal relationship with him. What a benefit that is!

Is it just me, or were you also expecting to see 1 John 2:27 quoted or at least cited in that paragraph:

"And as for YOU, the anointing that YOU received from him remains in YOU, and YOU do not need anyone to be teaching YOU; but, as the anointing from him is teaching YOU about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught YOU, remain in union with him."

According to the above quoted scripture and "Jeremiah book" excerpt, anointed christians are in no need of a faithful and discreet slave on whom they must depend to be taught about Jehovah, because they all know Jehovah through the operation of holy spirit within them. And please note that the expression to "know Jehovah" as used in this context is not limited to knowing the personality of Jehovah and having a personal relationship with him. It extends to living righteously in harmony with Jehovah's righteous standards. So 1 John 2:26,27 and the WBTS' own literature exposes them for the unscriptural, high-controlling, self-appointed masters of the faiths of all JWs, that they are!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well said

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit