Hello, I am new here...

by Spiderman 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Spiderman
    Spiderman

Hello to all,

I am from Barcelona, Spain and I recently bought a computer and got on the internet. I was searching for Jehovah's Witnesses as I am one of them. I found this site. I understand that a great majority here are ex-brothers and sisters, but I also see that some are still Witnesses, only they are inactive or thinking about leaving the religion.

I would like to clarify that I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I am not here to torment anyone or to bother anyone. I think that discussions are better when both sides of the story are presented. That is what I offer, my side of the story per say. Of course I do not represent all 6 million of my brothers and sisters, but I would like to add my opinions to the discussions here presented.

I have read many sad stories in the archives of many of you. Unfortunately many were stumbled by man and that is sad in itself. I see that many of you are going through a healing process and trying to find comfort and support within this small community and I wish that I could help. Jehovah cares for all specially for his lost sheep.

A friendly hello to all. I hope everyone enjoys my signature, I got it from a beautiful movie. Guess which one it is...

• Spiderman
    Spiderman

Oops, my signature text is not showing...

• Spiderman
    Spiderman

O.K. I just figured it out, I must check the option to show the signature, what do you think?

• LB
    LB

Welcome Spiderman, took me awhile to figure out my signature also.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Well, Spiderman,

Welcome!

And I find your signature, um, let's say....when applied to the WTS, HIGHLY appropriate.

Andee

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I think that discussions are better when both sides of the story are presented. That is what I offer, my side of the story per say. Of course I do not represent all 6 million of my brothers and sisters, but I would like to add my opinions to the discussions here presented.

It's cool that you feel that way. You are no doubt intelligent, compassionate, and caring. Do you have any clue as to why the governing body doesn't do the same thing you are doing? You know, maybe have a round-table discussion with us on this forum, or something like that. They seem to take the position that any dialogue with anyone who disagrees with them (and is willing to say so) is a death penalty offense.

Welcome to the forum Spiderman. I was probably a better witness than you are. But that's ok, you might make a better worldly person than me . I'll meet you back here in six months to compare .

• sleepy
    sleepy

Hi spider guy.
    I know a witness in Barcelona , he just moved there last year from where I live .
    Are you sure you can handle coming here or are you going to use your spider sense to ward off apostate reasoning?

• butalbee
    butalbee

So you're spiderman, uh? Well, I am the tombraider! We'll have to jump buildings together sometime!!

Welcome to the board.
    Lara

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Of course I do not represent all 6 million of my brothers and sisters...
    Unfortunately many were stumbled by man...

These are the kind of quotes that upset us "apostates". The organization requires that we accept the "full range" of things they teach, or we will be disfellowshipped.

Watchtower Apr 1, 1986 p.30-31
    Approved association with Jehovah's Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah's Witnesses.
    You say that people "were stumbled by man", when at the same time these men are part of "god's visible organization on earth". You can't have it both ways - God's visible organization on earth composed of men, and people being hurt, not by god's organization, but a man.

When someone in the organization manages to do something viewed as good, everyone says, "Look! See! This is evidence of us being god's visible organization on earth!” but when someone screws up, everyone says "Oh, that was just a man acting on his own."

As I said, you can't have it both ways.

Sorry if I am coming across as offensive, but this is a major thorn in my side.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Welcome to the forum, Spidey!

I'm with Elsewhere! You can't have it both ways.
    I pretty much grew up as a witness from age 12 onward and I've seen things in the past two years that have convinced me that the JWs are not God's people. If they were then they would act more like Christians are supposed to act. I have found hypocrisy there just like in the churches Christendom. In fact, as I look back on my teenage years I see more mind control than I was then aware of. Most of us here have finally started to think for ourselves. Looks like you have too or you wouldn't be here.

Again, welcome to the group.

"...if there is a hell, I'll see you there." (NIN - Downward Spiral)
    I'll be the one providing the fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit