what movie, gave you the creeps and why?

by LyinEyes 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I saw CANDYMAN back in 1992 with my girlfriend. It really freaked her out. Anytime one of the cast would say Candyman 5 times facing a mirror the Candyman would materialize and slash someone. It was a very scary movie.

Athanasius

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

I'll have to go with Hannibal, too, also because of the brain eating thing. ::shudder:: I liked the movie lots, but I doubt I could bring myself to watch it again.

I also have a weird obsession with the first two Hellraiser movies. They don't creep me out at all, but I find them intensely fascinating, and I've watched them countless times. I'm even expecting a copy of the book The Hellbound Heart (which the movies are based on) from Amazon.com pretty soon.

~Rochelle.

---------
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."
    -- Professor Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Francois, I can't believe Aliens freaked you out!! Last nite on the comedy channel of cable tv, they played an old Fast Forward - there was a take off of the first Aliens. They somehow manage the atmosphere and music on a very low budge. The alien eggs were McDonald burger boxes and the alien was a burger that flew out of the packet and attached itself to Glen Robins face which they eventually prized off with a kitchen spachular (sp?). Then during the stomach erruption scene, a MacDonalds clown emerged from Glens stomach. I think they were trying to make a statement about MacDonalds.

THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT was a recent movie that was unnerving.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

The first movie I ever remember getting freaked out at was 'Private Eye's' with Tim Conway and Don Knotts. I was VERY young, my only consolation in this was my sister was JUST as freaked, but was 6 years older!!! hahha ohhh my.

I'm not one for scary thriller movies. I jumped and screamed through 'dragonfly' (ask Think haha).

Another movie I remember as a kid being VERY scary was 'Dual' I think it was Steven Spielburgs first movie of just the guy in the car and the truck driver, very intense.

hmmmm what others left a real impression hmmmmm I'll get back to you on that one!!!! The Deep End was a rather disturbing movie!
    Ven

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

'IT' freaked me out at the time. Something about that clown.. Texas Chainsaw Massacre was disturbing during several scenes. A Clockwork Orange also left me feeling disturbed as did the Shining, both in a brilliant sort of way.

I still have not watched the Exorcist. One of the last paranoias remaining from the JW days.

Path

• Mulan
    Mulan

I don't enjoy horror movies AT ALL!!! But, I loved Sixth Sense, and purposely wanted to see it,............and I want to see The Others too. I usually assume these movies aren't what they appear to be in previews.

Silence of the Lambs terrified me. I watched it in bed one 4th of July, and was so freaked out, I couldn't get out of bed to go find out why my husband wasn't in the house. It was dark, and I was terrified. (he was in the middle of the street talking to neighbors watching fireworks, oblivious to my misery)

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• cellomould
    cellomould

Has anyone seen EVENT HORIZON?

That was a darn scary movie. Thing is, I was with 2 JW friends in the theater...they wanted to leave right before the end.

Doesn't that suck?

I was pretty certain it wasn't 'demonic'. Or it may have left the issue unresolved. But now I don't fear that demons exist, so bring 'em on!

I'll have to watch it on video sometime.

cellomould

"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times" Death, Without Judgement

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit