what movie, gave you the creeps and why?

by LyinEyes 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

The first Alien movie scared me so badly, I thought I'd never sleep again. I'm not very impressionable, but Alien just came rolling in over this boy. Anyway, gotta take a nap and then I'll add more to this; or not.

Francois

• og
    og

Seven.

• Angharad
    Angharad

'The Others' scared me to death, also those old black and white zombie films give me the creeps

• Leander
    Leander

Lmao @ Outaservice

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I laughed myself silly through the "The Shining." Every time Jack would flash those pearly whites and grin, I cracked up. There are some horrific scenes in that movie, the dead twin girls, the blood pouring out of the elevators, but beyond that it struck me as almost a comedy.

"The Exorcist" creeped me out, because my mother was obsessed with demons when I was growing up and passed that on to me. "Seven" had me totally riveted to the very end. Great atmosphere in that film.
    "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" creeped me out bad enough to buy a home alarm system. "Requiem for a Dream: The Director's Cut" was not specifically a horror movie, but a stark, realistic view of how drugs can destroy your life. It creeped me out bad enough that as brilliant as that film is, I don't want to see it again.

• dubla
    dubla

some of these arent "creepy" in the horror sense of the word, but heres my short list of movies that creeped me out in some way.......sometimes certain movies just get in your head and you cant get them out.............

the exorcist of course, the sixth sense (to a smaller degree), and definitely parts of mulholland dr.....has anyone seen this one?, also seven, and arachnophobia (becuase i have it). oh, vanilla sky too ("open your eyes").

aa

• Englishman
    Englishman

Psycho.

All those black and white shots with the camera held at knee height, so the sub-conscious is tricked back to a childhood state.

OOh,gone all goose pimply!

Englishman.

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

I recently saw Arachnophobia and earlier this week a friend of mine had a bad spider bite. How ironic.
    I love horror movies so I don't get creeped out that much. I loved The Shining and Psycho. One movie that did give me the creeps was Amityville Horror. I was afraid of getting locked in my house after that. The Stephen King novel Christine made a better book than a movie but the movie was good too. I read the novel first and had trouble going to sleep for a week after I finished it.

"...if there is a hell, I'll see you there." (NIN - Downward Spiral)
    I'll be the one providing the fire.

• Preston
    Preston

Don't Look Now
    The Wicker Man
    The Innocents
    Blue Velvet
    The Reflecting Skin

• TR
    TR

The scariest movie I ever saw was "Mark Of The Devil", a flick about the Salem witch-hunt days. I saw it as a teen, and still will never watch it. Maybe it was the graphic torture scenes that got to me.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit