what movie, gave you the creeps and why?

by LyinEyes 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

I've never been able to watch Silence of the Lambs or Hannibal.

I've never even TRIED to watch any "demonized" movies like the Exorcist or Omen etc.

I walked out of "The Young Sherlock Holmes" - circa 85/86 - because there was a scene involving a supposed human sacrifice. Of course, you already knew that Sherlock Holmes was going to save the girl, but I couldn't stomach the thought of it even being contemplated. Same with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I remember the district convention in 1984 even addressed the Indiana Jones movie by name from the platform saying it was inappropriate because of the human sacrifice content.

Fine nurse I am, huh? LOL

Love, Scully

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Psycho was quite a treat.
    Other than that, the timing of the shovel-whallop, in "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" was well executed - you expected it, then it came after you let your guard down.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

As a kid, “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” (Black & White version) really got me. Also, “Forbidden Planet” when the monster tried to break through the ship’s force field, really scarred the hell out of me.

As a teenager, “Alien” really had shock value. The creature popping
    out of that guys stomach, the monster appearing here and there throughout the ship...."Alien II" really had shock value too.

And while on sci-fi horror, The Star Trek episode where we first meet the Borg was very impressive for TV.

• SYN
    SYN

For those who've watched the movie of Stephen King's IT, bear in mind that it's pretty lame compared to the book, which was an absolute masterpiece and scared the living crap out of me!

I'm not one to be violently affected by movies, although that scene at the end of Hannibal where the guy eats his own brains was very, very bad indeed. One of my friends (who professes to be a tough guy) actually couldn't watch it, even though it was obvious that it was a fake...hehe! Another movie that gave me the chills was the part in Vanilla Sky where Tom Cruise is in the jail, and is looking through the thick plexiglass window at the guy with the dog being interviewed on TV.

For those who've seen that movie twice (like me) you'll notice that the t-shirt the guy who's being interviewed wears says "LE" on it...what a dead, dead give-away. And the blackboard has "life extension" or something written on it backwards in the jail too. These are things I never saw the first time, but I just got such a bad feeling the first time, when he was banging his hands against the glass after seeing the dog that got frozen. Perhaps that is the point in the book where he truly begins to realize what is happening to him. I know it was quite a phase-change for me, that point.

I have yet to read the book of Vanilla Sky, but I'm looking forward to it!

Every religion is the One True Religion.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I remember Alien scaring me. I remember the whole theatre jumping out of their seats when the baby alien popped out of that guys chest.It was such a thrilling movie, though. I guess it didn't bother me much because of the setting of the movie.

The movie that completely creeped me out for years was JAWS. I was 13 at the time I saw it. I was a So. Cali beach girl and I couldn't go in the water for YEARS after seeing that movie. Even swimming in pools gave me the creeps. Yeah, like a shark was going to come up through the pool drain and bite my leg off.[8>]

Andee

• butalbee
    butalbee

Any video made by the WTBTS.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

alien definately freaked me out, didn't help my sister purposely would scare me thru-out the whole thing! and in hannibal, i had to watch the brain eating part between my fingers! ewwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

but a movie called altered states is the one that takes the cake for me. i was tripping on lsd with a group of friends. halfway thru the movie my brain is screaming "turn it off! turn it off!" i was scrambling for the remote and freaking out. finally i get the damn thing turned off. i think (hard time recalling now) that there was lots of trippy demon scenes and it was just too much for me to take in that state. i then proceeded to freak out and spiral into a really horrible trip. last time i ever did acid. no thanks, never want to experience that again!

here's a little bit about the movie. i got this from a website recommending drug movies and movies to trip too.

• William Hurt (A.I., Silent Witness)

• Blair Brown (Hamlet, The Astronaut's Wife)

• Drew Barrymore (Charlies Angels, Never Been Kissed)

Lemme first say that this movie is Sci-Fi. Some may enjoy this movie while others won't. This movie is about a research scientist who experiments with altered states of human consciousness. He starts using Amanita Muscaria in his sensory deprivation tank, and thats when the Sci-Fi begins... I was somewhat very surprised at the ending, with how dramatically the movie turned. I recommend this movie, especially if your into researching and studying psychadelics.

• jenleesey
    jenleesey

the scariest movie i ever saw was when I was a teenager (way before the whole JW life) called , "Evil Dead"......it scared the crap out of me!! Still remember it to this day. As for Jacobs Ladder, it was good but I remember coming out of the movie theatre scratching my head...everyone did. Who could figure that movie out?...i hate endings like that.

• butalbee
    butalbee

The Sentinel scared the hell out of me when I little.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

The Blue Room, a psychological drama. I could not sleep all night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit