by 70wksfyrs 173 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

YES

Do you?

If not why not? If you do why do you?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I think I do.........................but I don't like him very much.

• bigmac
    bigmac

absolutely not. never did--even when i was a dub.

but--more importantly--

does He believe in Me ??

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

double post

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Heartfelt boy,

Thank you for your answer. You make a fair point. My relationship with him it not good either.

Why do you think you do believe though?

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Hey Bigmac,

So you were an athiest JW, I knew it! I was sure there were many I met in the org that didn't pray or believe in God. You can't be the only one. But why is it you don't believe?

Were you always an athiest, or did something get you doubting?

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Bigmac,

Sorry I did not respond to your whole post.

does He believe in Me ??

You make a very good point with that question. In my view I would say no, I don't think he cares about anyone.

• 70wksfyrs
    70wksfyrs

Hearofaboy,

Sorry my last reply I got your name wrong please forgive me. I am impressed that you have been here since 2010 and you say you thinkyou do beleive in God.

Are you happy not knowing the answers and just getting on with your life?

Are you here searching for proof and evidence that he does exist?

• prologos
    prologos

not in the God as defined by the IDEAS, OPINIONS expressed by the Bible's or WT writers with their limited perspective.

I believe strongly in a CREATOR/provider though, and hope to see greater insights in his WORKS in my life time.

He/she does not need me, but

my family does, they would not be here* without me.

enjoy.

*in more sense than one.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am thinking of abandoning statements of belief or disbelief in God. Because asking "Do you believe in God?" prompts primarily close-ended questions, and is often experienced as a condemnation, I will ask other questions that will prove to be more valuable to explore:
    ===================================================================================================

** How can we bring more justice and kindness into this world?

===================================================================================================

Regardless of whatever particular worldview we hold, we have a responsibility to find ways to improve ourselves and our world. People can certainly disagree about the specifics of how we do that, and our personal outlook will obviously affect our ultimate decisions, but most people will agree that striving to create a more just and more kind world is a good thing. So by focusing the discussion around how people act more than on what they believe, we can now have a more productive dialogue. Yes, we may all be coming at this question from different ways, but now the arguments stop being attacks and counter-attacks about who is right, and instead, become an exploration about the ways we need to work together to create the kind of world we hope for. By emphasizing the many ways we can explore how to bring more justice and more kindness into this world, we can also recognize and accept the different belief systems that can all ultimately lead to the same end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit