Do I beleive in GOD?

by 70wksfyrs 173 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• adamah
    adamah

70wksfyrs said-

I do not profess to be a creationist, but with my knowledge of enantiomers, I am satified that God is real.

Interesting: care to explain how you connected the dots between the existence of enantiomers to proving God's existence?

To me, the fact that only one type of enantiomer is found in alllife on Earth points to evolution, not creation.

Adam

• James Brown
    James Brown

I am always trying to figure him out, who and what he,she is.

Every time I think I got it figurred out the goal post moves.

I believe in something called God.

Just like I believe in something called Santa Clause.

The Devil is in the details.

• tec
    tec
    You hear voices - we get it. Why does it always end up in a verbose sermon?

I don't hear "voices"... so obviously you DON'T get it.

And expanding upon something when asked to do so usually results in a more verbose post than the original statment. What does it matter to you?

Peace,

tammy

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

he may be invisible, but I believe he is real

Incredibly, not only is he invisible, but also mute, deaf and paralyzed. But let me guess, you also think that anything that happens - or not, is part of God plan, right?. That's how you excuse the fact that God, continues to do absolutely nothing to resolve mankind's problems.

Does he listen to prayers? How about you get 1000 cancer patients together and do a group prayer asking God to cure all cancer. Will cancer disappear? No.. why? What possible reason is there for God not doing it? Let me guess...it's God's plan.

How about hunger? If 1000 african starving children pray asking for food, will God send food from heaven? No... Why? ohh right... God's plan

I too, like the idea that there is a man in the sky who can do anything, but it's hard to ignore the fact he does nothing. I want there to be a God - the idea makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

It's nice to think that even if you have a shitty life on this planet, this parental figure with a white beard will give you a second chance, but when you evaluate the big picture, it's hard to substantiate that.

Just like in the Watchtower's case, God's worse enemy is not Satan, it is time. Even us dumb humans will get to a point (maybe a few thousand years from now), when this inability to deliver on promises, will no longer be excusable and the belief in God will be looked at in the same manner we view the belief in the Sun by some ancient civilizations.

• adamah
    adamah

redvip2000 said-

Even us dumb humans will get to a point (maybe a few thousand years from now), when this inability to deliver on promises, will no longer be excusable and the belief in God will be looked at in the same manner we view the believe in the Sun by some ancient civilizations.

Has not 2,000 yrs been enough time to figure it out? I guess not, and there seems to be more ignorant people born every minute!

Adam

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Has not 2,000 yrs been enough time to figure it out?

Evidently not. I was having a discussion with a very conservative christian person the other day and this person was telling me that not only is there a God, but that God plans exactly how many days and years someone lives, and that when you die, it's part of God's plan. God plans every person's life span, after all... it's God's plan.

I then asked why there are 40 millions abortions a year in the world and why God plans that? As he looked at me with a glassy glaze in his eyes, i also asked him why he is anti-abortion, being that logically abortions serve God's purpose. You could literally see the the gears turning in his head ( although slowly)...

• Pyramid God
    Pyramid God

I do not believe that a god as described by the Bible and religious people exists. As to the question of a being that created the universe, I guess I really just don't know. I'm not sure if we will ever know. If a being powerful enough to create the universe really existed, I believe it would be so far above us that we would not even be able to comprehend it, or as Cofty likes to say, he blew himself up in the big bang. For the time being, I'm content to throw my lot in with science, try to appreciate what it discovers about our universe, and enjoy my life. I guess I'd be an agnostic atheist then. This quote perfectly sums it up for me: "'Oh, I don't know. I mean, I'd like to believe I'm not, but I just... I've just never seen any proof, so I... I just don't debate it anymore, you know? It's like I could spend my whole life debating it over and over again, weighing the pros and cons. And in the end, I still wouldn't have any proof. So I just... I just don't debate it anymore. It's absurd.' 'The search for God is absurd?' 'It is if everyone dies alone.'"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Cofty you are making Tammy sound like a fruit cake.

• cofty
    cofty

and....?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You keep talking about voices in her head as if she has a psychiatric problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit