So are Republicans now openly terrorists?

by Simon 369 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

Easily bought and manipulated group and now they offer the brilliant 6 week extension. 6 weeks, so this same debate- less money for the care of humans and more for pork barrel delights, will drag on.

• designs
    designs

Gov. Rick Perry said no to ACA, his State has the distinction of having the most uninsured children. Mississippi Gov. Bryant said no to ACA- his State ranks 49th in health among all States.

Bleak House by Charles Dickens

• Simon
    Simon

Wow, republicans now have the lowest approval rating of any political party in the history of polls.

Tea Party mission accomplished. Return to base. LOL.

It is a party of disconnected dysfunctionals who simply seem clueless and so self-absorbed in their own bubble that they don't understand that they no longer represent anyone much at all.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Do the baggers know the difference between discretionary spending and NON discretionary spending ???

Debt ceiling limits compromises Discretionary Spending !

Romney care, correction Obama care is now part of the affordable care act and is NON DISCRETIONARY SPENDING. If you want to change that LAW, use the ballot box, not hijack our constitution and democracy !!!!

• Pterist
    Pterist

Deficits don't matter !

DC

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

" Deficits don't matter !"

Why is that?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

jgnat,

I would rate pneumonia as an emergency. If I were in the same situation you were in, I would go to the hospital emergency (same doctors). Expensive to the system, yes, but I would get immediate care. The antibiotics would have been 80% covered by my supplementary plan.

The videos weren't that bad. I am sensitive to the feeling of being a trapped audience. I'd rather read than watch, as I can skip ahead to the interesting bits. I promise any video I link is short, sweet, and interesting, and never more than ten minutes long.

True, but I didn't know how bad off I was when I went to the doctor. My breathing was somewhat raspy, but not bad. As it turned out, my right lung was down to about 10% functionality.

Here is another example: Two years ago on my birthday my son decided to jump off the kitchen table and break his finger (thumb). I did not take him to the emergency room, but rather called the pediatrician. They got me in as soon as I could drive him there - they wanted to check to make sure it wasn't his joint. Xrays were taken, and within the next hour, he was in the office of an orthopedic surgeon where I watched at least 4 Indian doctors argue over the best way to fashion a splint that would fit his little finger (he was only 3 years old at the time). I paid $50 for all the visits combined, plus $35 for the Xrays (both initial and from orthopedic surgeon).

Another example, a better one: My co-worker was bitten by a spider about a year ago. Apperhently it was a nasty bite - it landed him in the ER. When he got his bill he owed about $2000! He called up and talked with thim and said that he was on a high deductible plan. They then reduced his bill to $300. This illustrates the need for the consumer to be engaged with their medical costs.

Alberta doctors collectively negotiate with the Government of Alberta for their set rates. They use the same billing codes as in the US.

Who donates to the campaigns of the politicians these doctors negotiate (by group) with?

MMM

• Pterist
    Pterist

@MeanMrMustard *** Deficits don't matter !Why is that? ****

Ridiculous! right ?

D.C. Said that ........google it :)

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@Pterist:

Oh, I see. By DC, you mean Dick Cheney. Deficits do matter. This is one reason why the Republicans are loosing support, and its one of the reason the Tea Party came into existence - not with BO's term, but prior to that, as a response to Bush's spending.

Another quote from 2006:

Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘‘the buck stops here.’’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.

:)

That's the problem with DC..... Washington, not Cheney.

MMM

• jgnat
    jgnat

MMM: Who donates to the campaigns of the politicians these doctors negotiate (by group) with?

Moot point in Alberta. We've voted in an overwhelmingly Conservative government since 1971. Universal Health Care was introduced in 1984. The Alberta Medical Association (AMA) negotiates with civil servants appointed by these selfsame politicians. (Conservatives are equivalent to Republicans in the US, but I'd say by comparison we're small "c").

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit