So are Republicans now openly terrorists?

by Simon 369 Replies latest social current

• jgnat
    jgnat

I would rate pneumonia as an emergency. If I were in the same situation you were in, I would go to the hospital emergency (same doctors). Expensive to the system, yes, but I would get immediate care. The antibiotics would have been 80% covered by my supplementary plan.

The videos weren't that bad. I am sensitive to the feeling of being a trapped audience. I'd rather read than watch, as I can skip ahead to the interesting bits. I promise any video I link is short, sweet, and interesting, and never more than ten minutes long.

Alberta doctors collectively negotiate with the Government of Alberta for their set rates. They use the same billing codes as in the US.

• designs
    designs

Everytime we go all Free Market with loose consumer protections and we go all crashy crashy burn burn. The Boards of Directors can steer excessive bonuses while denying coverage to policy holders. ACA should be a protection against those abuses.

Put Elizabeth Warren on the ACA oversight committee.

• Glander
    Glander

Haven't you jokers got it out of your system yet? LOL

This wasn't a topic, it was a therapy session for those who smell smoke but want to pretend it's the neighbors BBQ.

Obamacare is going to be a footnote in history. Like Jimmy Carters rescue attempt of the Iranian hostages.

• watson
    watson

Obamacare is going to be a footnote in history.

What a shame..

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I am Canadian. I only watch Netflix.

I read books on art. Every few months I read

some newspapers. It seems to me the Chinese

are slowly taking over the world. I can't figure

out why Americans do not have or can't figure

out, health care. The Chinese don't even have

tuition-free high school, or pensions for the elderly,

or minimum wage laws or civil rights and they shoot

about 7,000 of their own citizens through the head

every year with no due process of law, but Republicans

are worried about,... what ??

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You haven't noticed that the ACA is not even a topic anymore? The Republicans know they can't win on that, their approval ratings are dropping like a rock. They have shifted it to a debate about the budget, where it should have been in the first place. All this could have been done without shutting down the government.

Meanwhile, my husband has been working without pay due to these shenanigans for going on two weeks now. He does he job just the same, unlike congress, who get paid despite not doing their job.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Republican approval ratings are in the toilet - lowest in - well, ever. Or at least since 1999 - when they wanted to impeach Clinton. So now there is talk of the Tea Party splitting off from the GOP and forming a third party (which, for all intents, has already happened.)

P.S. Not to worry, watson. Remember predictions about 1975?

• Simon
    Simon

Like Jimmy Carters rescue attempt of the Iranian hostages.

If you believe the rumors, those were the hostages that the Reagan campaign tried to delay being released until after the election so it would damage Jimmy Carters prospects. Imagine, GOP politicians being underhand and acting against American's interests (but for their own)

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/04/15/world/new-reports-say-1980-reagan-campaign-tried-to-delay-hostage-release.html

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I see that this thread was started 9 days ago. The Republican government shutdown began October 1. The context is not about the feasibility of Obamacare - it is about the Republican intransigence over funding a constitutionally-approved law.

They are imploding.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Republicans are becoming less relevent each election cycle, and are a dying breed. The Tea Party is merely a sock puppet of Republican operatives, so they will never hold any power either. So they are declining with a bang, instead of a gasp, but there's nothing to be in terror about.

I have a confession to make. One time I voted for a Republican. Just one time, mostly because his opponent was an obnoxious brassy windbag who talked smack about him and that turned me off. So I voted for him. I repented, and never voted for a Republican ever again, and I voted for 20 years. I never voted for anyone who talked smack about the other candidates, because if their own ideas lack enough merit to outshine the other candidates, they don't need to do that. If they are no better than the other candidates, then they have to resort to knocking them down some to make themselves look better.

One important thing to keep in mind about this government shutdown, the American people voted for these politicians, chuckleheads who call themselves a 'government', and this is the very best the people could come up with.

http://qz.com/133024/americans-are-dumber-than-average-at-math-vocabulary-and-technology/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit